To report a problem with an order:
- Sign in to Etsy.com or open the Etsy app.
- Click or tap You.
- Click or tap Purchases and reviews.
- Click Help with order next to the order you’re interested in. On the Etsy app, tap the order you’re interested in, then tap Help with order under the order.
- Click or tap Message seller.
- In the textbox that appears, describe the problem to the seller.
- Click or tap the arrow icon or press Enter to send. The seller will be notified of the new message and can respond.
If you checked out as a guest, reply to the receipt in your email to contact the seller.
Who is the seller?
Each item on Etsy is sold by an independent seller. Reach out to the seller if:
- You haven’t received your order
- The item isn’t as it was described
- You want a refund
- You want to return the item
Each seller has their own shop policies, so be sure to review those before contacting the seller. This can include how they handle returns, refunds, and cancellations. If a seller doesn’t specify their shop policies, you can refer to our House Rules.
If you already contacted the shop
If you and the seller need assistance from Etsy to come to a resolution, you can open a case. We recommend that you work with the seller to resolve the problem before you open a case.
For EU buyers:
Our Case System is the most effective and speediest means of resolving disputes between buyers and sellers. However, if you don't want to use our Case System, you have the option of using the EU Online Dispute Resolution platform instead.
Learn more about the European Union Consumer Rights Directive.
Search your email inbox for an email from email@example.com and reply directly to that email to contact the seller.
If you can’t find the confirmation email, you may have used a different or misspelled email address.