You can save time adding shipping rates to your shop by creating shipping profiles. If you’re a seller in the US and would like to have shipping costs automatically calculated for you, use calculated shipping.
Shipping profiles allow you to update multiple listings quickly with similar shipping costs. You can create separate shipping profiles for the different types of items you sell. Whenever you make a change to a profile, all of your listings connected to that profile will be updated as well.
Create a shipping profile.
You can create a shipping profile in two places: on the Listings page, or on the Shipping settings page.
- Visit Shop Manager > Listings and click Add a listing.
- Scroll down to the Shipping section to either create a calculated profile (calculate them for me), or a manual shipping profile (I'll enter fixed costs manually) from the dropdown menu.
- Fill out the appropriate shipping details. You also have the option to set separate domestic and international handling fees.
If you are entering fixed costs manually, you can add shipping upgrades. Learn more about shipping upgrades.
- If you're adding calculated shipping, include your item weight and size.
- Click Save as a shipping profile to use your profile again for future listings.
If you're using calculated shipping, you can also preview different shipping costs by country.
- Visit Shop Manager > Settings > Shipping settings and click Add a shipping profile.
- Click on the Shipping profiles tab, and select Create shipping profile.
- From here, the shipping profile setup will be the same as from the listing page.
Link your shipping profiles to listings.
You can add your shipping profiles to your listings both from the listing page, as outlined above, and by following these steps:
- Visit Shop Manager > Listings.
- Click the checkbox of the listing that needs a shipping profile.
- Click More Actions > Shipping Profiles from the dropdown menu.
- In the next window, click the Select profile… dropdown menu and choose a shipping profile.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Offer free shipping.
If you use calculated shipping, scroll down to the Free shipping section of a shipping profile. Specify whether you'd like to offer domestic or international free shipping by checking the appropriate boxes.
For manual shipping profiles, enter 0.00 as the shipping cost for locations where you'd like to offer free shipping.
For more information about how to offer free shipping, check out this Help article.