There are three ways to offer and promote discounts in your shop:
- Run a sale by providing free shipping or taking a percentage off of the listing’s price. All buyers will see your items on sale across relevant search results and on your shop's homepage.
- Offer a coupon code. Share it with specific buyers or on different social channels.
- Send an offer to an interested buyer. We’ll automatically send a coupon to people who:
- Have added your item to their cart but haven’t purchased
- Recently favourited an item in your shop
How free shipping works with other discounts
Listings with a free shipping sale or coupon can be combined with other discounts in your shop. The item must be eligible for both promotions before a buyer can receive both discounts.
If you don’t have an active free shipping promotion, then buyers won’t see the option to apply more than one discount to an item in your shop.
How to set up a new special offer
- To set up a new discount, go to Shop Manager > Marketing > Sales and coupons and click New special offer.
- Specify which type of discount you want to offer.
- If you're creating a sale with restrictions you want to make shoppers aware of, list them in the Sale details field.
- If your discount has no order minimum, choose which listings or sections you want to be eligible for your discount. Click Continue.
- New listings won't be automatically added to existing sales or coupons. You can edit the sale or coupon later to include them.
- View the summary of your discount details. If you need to make additional changes, click Go back.
- To finalise your changes, click Confirm and create discount.
Send an offer to interested buyers
The Sending special offers to interested buyers (Targeted Offers) alerts potential buyers to a coupon.
With Targeted Offers, you can alert two potential buyer audiences to a coupon of your choice:
- Buyers who have left your item in their cart
- Shoppers who have added any of your listings to their cart, but navigate away without purchasing, will get an email offering them a coupon for that item after 24 hours.
- Buyers can receive an offer email for this audience every 2 days and can receive a max of 6 offers per send.
- Shoppers who’ve added one of your items to their favourites will get an email offering them a coupon for that item after 48 hours.
- Buyers can receive an offer email for this audience every 7 days and can receive a max of 6 offers per send.
When setting up a targeted offer, you can select:
- The audience you’d like to target (Abandoned cart or Favourited listings)
- The kind of discount to offer
- Percentage off
- Fixed amount off
- Free standard shipping
- Free domestic delivery
- The new coupon code name
Note that the coupon will apply to all items in your shop.
How much do targeted offers cost?
Targeted offers are free to use.
Before 25th October 2018, targeted offers used to cost $0.10 USD per send.
Reviewing performance of sales and coupons
You can track the performance of your offers in the Sales and Coupons section of your shop. Here you'll see a breakdown of:
- Items sold
- Average order value (AOV)
Key shopping dates
This page displays a calendar of upcoming festivities and occasions. As more shoppers come to Etsy during these key shopping dates, use this page as a guide for running promotions that make sense for your business.
You can get to this page by going to Shop Manager > Marketing > Key shopping dates.
For tips on how to run effective promotions for your shop, check out these articles: