There are three ways to offer and promote discounts in your shop:
- Run a sale by providing free shipping or taking a percentage off of the listing’s price. All buyers will see your items on sale across relevant search results and on your shop's homepage.
- Offer a coupon code. Share it with specific buyers or on different social channels.
- Send an offer to an interested buyer. We’ll automatically send a coupon to people who have added your item to their cart but haven’t purchased.
How free shipping works with other discounts
Listings with a free shipping sale or coupon can be combined with other discounts in your shop. The item must be eligible for both promotions before a buyer can receive both discounts.
If you don’t have an active free shipping promotion, then buyers won’t see the option to apply more than one discount to an item in your shop.
- To set up a new discount, go to Shop Manager > Marketing > Sales and coupons and click New special offer.
- Specify which type of discount you want to offer.
- If you're creating a sale with restrictions you want to make shoppers aware of, list them in the Sale details field.
- If your discount has no order minimum, choose which listings or sections you want to be eligible for your discount. Click Continue.
Note: New listings won't be automatically added to existing sales or coupons. You can edit the sale or coupon later to include them.
- View the summary of your discount details. If you need to make additional changes, click Go back.
- To finalise your changes, click Confirm and create discount.
Buyers who’ve left your item in their cart
The Sending special offers to interested buyers (Targeted Offers) alerts potential buyers to a coupon. Shoppers who have added any of your listings to their cart, but navigate away without purchasing, will get an email offering them a coupon for that item.
When setting up a targeted offer, you can select:
- The kind of discount to offer (Percentage off, Fixed amount off, or Free standard shipping)
- The new coupon code name
- The monthly budget limit for your sends
Note that the coupon will apply to all items in your shop.
Each automatic email send of a special offer is $0.10 USD. Each targeted offer campaign you create can have an unlimited monthly budget (recommended) or you can set a monthly limit on spending.
While a targeted offers campaign is active, any sends on a given day will be summed and added to your Etsy itemised bill on the following day. (e.g. the total sends from 1 June will be added to your bill as a single fee on 2 June).
A campaign will continue to run until you decide to stop it by choosing See details and manage under the discount on your Sales and Coupons page.
Note: To help you have a successful Christmas, we’re waiving all fees on Targeted Offer fees, starting on 23rd October 2018. Sends will go back to being $0.10 per send on 1st January 2019. Happy Christmas!
Reviewing performance of sales and coupons
You can track the performance of your offers in the Sales and Coupons section of your shop. Here you'll see a breakdown of:
- Items sold
- Average order value (AOV)
Key shopping dates
This page displays a calendar of upcoming celebrations and occasions. As more shoppers come to Etsy during these key shopping dates, use this page as a guide for running promotions that make sense for your business.
You can get to this page by going to Shop Manager > Marketing > Key shopping dates.
For tips on how to run effective promotions for your shop, check out these articles: