To redeem a gift card or promotion you received over email:
- Open your email inbox.
- Open the email from Etsy with your gift card. This email will come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click Redeem now in the email. This will take you to Etsy.com. You may need to sign in to your Etsy account.
- Click Apply.
To redeem a printed gift card:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Click Gift cards at the bottom of any page.
- Click Redeeming a gift card? under Giving the gift of Etsy.
- Enter the 16-character code on your gift card that looks like this: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
- Click Apply now.
This balance is automatically applied to any future purchases from shops that accept Etsy gift cards. You won't need to enter your redeem code again.
Note: You must have an Etsy account to use an Etsy gift card. Learn how to create an Etsy account.
Learn more about gift cards and credits:
Expiration dates and policies
- You may be required to redeem an Etsy credit by a certain date, depending on the specific terms and conditions of the relevant special offer or promotion. If you don’t redeem your Etsy Credit before that date, your Etsy Credit may expire.
- Etsy gift cards issued in GBP, AUD, and EUR expire 48 months from the date the Etsy gift card is purchased. The expiration date for each Etsy gift card is included in the confirmation email.
How to find shops that accept Etsy gift cards and credits
Only shops that accept credit cards through Etsy can accept Etsy gift cards and Etsy Credits.
To find shops that accept gift cards and credits:
- On Etsy.com, search for what you'd like to buy in the search bar at the top of the page.
- On the left side of the search results page, check the box for Accepts Etsy gift cards under Ordering options.
Any listings that appear are from shops that accept gift cards and promotions.
You can also tell whether a shop accepts Etsy gift cards and Etsy Credits from an item’s individual listing page. Look for This shop accepts Etsy gift cards in the Overview section.
How to buy something with an Etsy gift card or Etsy credit balance
To buy an item with your Etsy gift card or credit:
- Once you’ve redeemed your gift card or credit, add an eligible item to your basket.
- Under How you'll pay, click the checkbox next to Apply gift card or Etsy credit balance. If your balance doesn’t cover your entire order, you can pay the remaining balance with your credit card or PayPal, depending on the seller’s settings.
- Click Proceed to checkout and select a delivery address.
- After reviewing your order details, click Submit order. Your remaining gift card or credit balance will appear at the top of the site.
My redeem code isn’t working, what do I do?
I’m having trouble redeeming my code
If you’re having trouble redeeming your gift card, check that your code has 16 characters in this format: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
If you see an error that says your gift card or credit has already been redeemed, you don’t need to enter your redeem code again. To use your balance:
- Sign in to the account where you redeemed your gift card or credit.
- After signing in, you can view your gift card or credit balance. This balance will automatically be applied to any future purchases where the shop accepts Etsy gift cards or Etsy Credits.
My gift card isn’t being applied to my order
If your balance isn’t being applied during checkout:
- Check that the shop you’re ordering from accepts Etsy gift cards and credits.
- If they do accept Etsy gift cards and credits, return to your basket.
- Under How you'll pay, click the checkbox next to Apply gift card or Etsy credit balance.
If you’re having trouble redeeming or using your gift card or credit, contact Etsy Support by clicking Contact support at the bottom of this page. We’ll be happy to look into it for you!