Your favourites are items and shops that you want to keep track of by adding them to one of your favourite lists. This way you can easily save them for future reference.
When you favourite something, your followers see a story update in their homepage feed.
Favourite Lists allow you to organise your favourites into groups. Whether you’re gathering decor ideas for your home, saving a wish list, or sorting items by creative themes and motifs, Favourite Lists can help you keep your collections organised.
Adding an Item to Your Favourite List
- On the right of an item listing, click the heart-shaped Favourite button to add the item to your default Favourite List, called Items I Love.
- Click Add to for a menu of lists you’ve already created
You can also create a new list by entering a title in the New list box.
When looking at an item in search results, mouse over the item's picture to get the Favourite and Add to buttons to appear.
Viewing and Organising Your Favourites
To view your favourites, sign in and click the heart at the top right of any Etsy page. Click the tabs to toggle between Items and Shops.
To organise your favourites:
- Sign in and click the heart at the top of the site.
- Go to the Items tab.
- Click Create New List to enter a title for a new, custom list. You can create a total of 25 custom lists, including your Items I Love list.
Searching Your Favourites
You can search within your favourites list from your account. This can be helpful if you have several pages of items within a list. Use the search bar at the top of your Items I Love list and your individual custom lists.
Editing or Removing a List
To remove an item from your lists:
- Visit the list and hover over the upper right corner of the listing image.
- Click the heart button to remove the item from Items I Love or click the list button to remove the item from one of your custom lists.
Note: You can also unfavourite an item from its listing page. Click the Favourite button to remove the item from Items I Love or the Add to button to remove the item from one of your custom lists.
To edit or remove a list:
- Visit the list you’d like to edit.
- Click the Edit button to delete or rename the list.
Note: Twitter and Facebook buttons allow other members to tweet and share your lists. If you don't want members to share your Items I Love, you can turn this off in your privacy settings.
Managing Privacy Settings for Favourites and Lists
Adding an item to your Items I Love list will create a story in the homepage feeds of other members who follow you. If you don't want your favouriting activity to be public, change your settings by clicking Edit in your Items I Love list.
If you’d like to make any of your custom lists private, you can follow the same process: click Edit at the top of the list you’d like to make private.
Items Missing from Favourites
There are a few reasons an item might disappear from your favourites:
- The seller removed the item from their shop.
- The seller closed their shop.
- Etsy removed the item or shop for breaking site policies.
Note: Sold out items will still appear in your favourites. If that happens, you're welcome to contact the seller to see if they have another similar item.