We understand that you may want to keep your Etsy activity private. You can adjust your feed's privacy settings to fit your desired level of participation.
Clearing your recently viewed items
Your recently viewed items are only visible to you, but you can clear them at any time.
Go to You > Account settings > Privacy. Then, click Clear recently viewed listings.
Favourites, public vs. private
You can control whether your favourited items and shops are public or private on your Favourites page.
If your favourites are public: Members who follow you will be able to see your new favourite items and shops in their feeds.
If your favourites are private: Your favourites won't appear in other members' feeds, even if they follow you.
Making your favourite lists private
- Sign in to your account.
- Click the heart at the top of any Etsy page.
- Click on a Favourites List, like Items I Love or a custom list you created.
- Click Edit in the upper right corner under your cart icon. Here you can choose Anyone can see this list or Only I can see this list.
Making your favourite shops private
- Go to your Favourites page.
- Click the Shops tab.
- Click Edit on the right and choose Only I can see my favourite shops.
Blocking a member
You can block someone who's following you from seeing your actions in their feed.
To block someone: Visit their profile page and click the Block link at the bottom left. Etsy won't notify the member.
To unblock a member: Visit their profile page and click Unblock toward the bottom left.
Once you unblock a member, they'll have to follow you again to see updates from you in their feed.
By default, Etsy sends a notification when you have a new follower.
If you don't want to receive these emails, go to You > Account settings > Emails.