The Etsy Forums is a place for members of the Etsy seller community to gather and discuss a wide variety of topics about running a creative business.
- How to sign in to the Etsy Community
- How to start a discussion
- How to customise notifications
- How to @ mention someone
- How to accept a solution
- How to browse labels
- How to find your posts and discussions
- How to bookmark discussions
- How the Forums are moderated
- The difference between Etsy Team and Etsy Forums
How to sign in to the Etsy Community
As a seller, signing in with your Etsy account information at community.etsy.com allows you to participate in both Forums and Teams.
All Etsy members can view Forums and Teams, but you must have an open Etsy shop to post in the Forums or join and create teams.
Once signed in, you’ll be able to take a variety of actions, such as liking posts or starting a new discussion thread.
To sign in:
- Click Sign In at the top of any community.etsy.com page.
- Enter the email address you use to login to your Etsy account and your Etsy password. Select Stay signed in to avoid re-entering your login details the next time you visit.
- Click Sign In.
How to start a discussion
If you'd like to create a discussion, start by searching through existing discussions to see if your topic is already being explored.
If a discussion already exists for your topic, you can reply to that discussion. Keeping the discussion in one place makes it easier for others to follow along.
To start a new discussion:
- Visit the Etsy Forums.
- Click the section that best fits your topic.
- Click Start a discussion.
- As you start to type your title subject, links to existing discussions that may have already addressed your topic will be auto-suggested. If you would like to view one of those existing discussions, click the title in the list of auto-suggested links. If none of the suggestions seem relevant, continue posting a new discussion.
Subject: Enter a short, descriptive title for your discussion. This is what other members will see first on the Forums, so make sure it summarises your main points. If you're asking a question, use that question as your title. For example:
Descriptive subject title that clearly explains your issue:
Vague title that doesn’t describe your issue:
I can't find where to change my listing photo
Help! What do I do?
Body: Write the main body of your post here. Be sure to keep our Community Policy in mind as you write.
Labels: Add relevant labels to your discussion to help others find it when searching the Forums. To add a label:
- Click the relevant label(s) for your discussion from the list of labels under the body of your discussion post. Chosen labels will appear in the Labels area.
- To remove a label, delete the label from the Labels area.
Can I edit my post?
You can edit your post within 60 minutes of posting it. After those 60 minutes have passed, the post can’t be edited.
What do I do if I posted a discussion in the wrong section?
When a discussion is started in the wrong section of the Forums, one of the staff moderators will usually move it to the appropriate section.
If it seems like one of your discussion is missing, a moderator may have moved it. Click your profile image at the top right of any community page to find recent discussions in which you've posted.
How to customise notifications
By default, you’ll receive notifications about Community activity over the following channels:
- Notification tally in the top right corner of any community page
- Notification tally in a ‘Community’ folder inside your Shop Manager’s Messages section
You can customise which notifications you receive. To customise your notifications:
- On the Etsy Community, click your profile image.
- Select My Subscriptions from the drop down menu.
- Click Notification Settings.
- Update your settings and click Save at the bottom of the page.
How to @mention someone
You can @mention someone by their shop name to notify that person in a comment.
To @mention someone:
- In the body of your post, type @ and the first few letters of the person’s shop name.
- You’ll see suggested results for shop names that you can select from, but if the suggestions do not surface the person you’re looking for, continue to type their shop name until you find the right member.
- Click the name you want to @mention.
How to accept a solution
After posting a new discussion, you can select an accepted solution that indicates when another member’s reply addresses your question effectively.
To select a reply as an accepted solution:
- Find the reply you want to choose as an accepted solution.
- Click Accepted Solution to the right of the comment.
How to browse labels
Labels are used to group together relevant discussions on a particular topic, and help you browse more specific topics within each section of the Forums.
You can click on a label within each Forums section to see other discussions labelled the same way. For example, the label "coupon codes" might take sellers to a list of posts with questions or advice about using coupons on Etsy.
How to find your posts and discussions
To view all the discussions you’re involved in, click your profile image at the top right of any Community page. On your profile, scroll to Latest Posts. To see a full list, click View all.
How to bookmark discussions
If you'd like to revisit a particular discussion later:
- Click the downward facing arrow to the right of first discussion post.
- Click Bookmark Discussion.
To access your bookmarked discussions:
- Click your profile image in the top right of any community page.
- Click My Subscriptions.
- Click My Bookmarks.
How the Forums are moderated
Etsy's staff moderators help foster a space where the Etsy community can interact and grow together. This means keeping the Forums welcoming and constructive, making sure that discussions are posted in the right place, and encouraging great conversation. Moderators may take certain actions to keep the Forums organised and helpful for everyone. Such actions are not up for public discussion. See the Community Policy.
How to report a post
If you believe a post may be violating our Community Policy, you can report it.
To report a post:
- Click the downward facing arrow on the right side of the post.
- Click Report inappropriate content.
- Leave a note describing why you are reporting the discussion and click Notify Moderator.
The difference between Etsy Teams and Etsy Forums
While the Forums serve as an online gathering space for the seller community, Teams are centred around a specific theme or group of members. Some Teams are made up of sellers from the same city, while others are focused on a specific craft or skill. Learn more about Teams.