Find the perfect thing on Etsy, but you’re not ready to commit to creating an account? You can check out as a guest. You can purchase most items on Etsy without an account, with a few exceptions.
To check out as a guest:
- Add an item(s) to your cart.
- Click Cart.
- Choose how you’ll pay.
- Click Proceed to checkout.
- Type in your email address and click Continue to checkout. We’ll send your receipt to this email address. This doesn’t create an Etsy account for you.
- If you have an Etsy account under that email address, you’ll be prompted to sign in.
- Enter your shipping information.
- Click Continue to payment.
- Add your payment information.
- Click Review your order.
- Choose your shipping method and add an optional note to the seller.
- Click Place your order.
You'll receive an email receipt for each shop that you purchased from. If you have a question for a seller, you can contact them by replying to the email receipt.
When your order ships, you'll receive a shipping confirmation email from Etsy. If the seller has provided a tracking number, there will be a Track your package link at the top of the email.
I’m having trouble with my order
We encourage you to reach out to the seller directly if you experience an issue with your order. Sellers can solve most problems with orders. If you need to report a problem to Etsy, you’ll need to create an Etsy account and claim your order.
Linking your guest purchase to an account
If you decide to create an account after you've completed your order, click the order number on your receipt. You'll then be taken to Etsy and prompted to register for an account. After you create an account this way, your purchase will be automatically linked to your new account.
If you already have an Etsy account associated with the email address that you purchased with, you can still link the order to your account. Click the order number on your receipt. You'll be prompted to sign in to Etsy, and your guest purchase will then be linked to your Etsy account.
If you can't find your receipt, or if you've created an account and your order isn't linked, get in touch with Etsy Support by clicking the contact link at the bottom of this page.
What do I need an Etsy account for?
You can purchase most items on Etsy without an Etsy account. There are a few exceptions to what you can do as a guest:
- Purchasing a custom item
- Purchasing an Etsy Gift Card
- Redeeming and paying with an Etsy Gift Card or Etsy Credit
- Purchasing an item from a gift registry
- Paying with iDeal, Sofort, check, money order, or other
- Leaving a review for an order
- Contacting the seller before placing an order (you can contact them after you order)