If you filed a case against a seller, you can view the status of the case by following these steps:
- Sign in to your account.
- Go to You > Account settings > Cases reported by you.
- You should see this case under the Open Cases tab.
- Click the Case ID number to view the case log, which includes the details of the case and any communication between you and the seller.
- For us to best assist you with your case, we ask that you direct any relevant information or inquiries to the case log.
- If the seller doesn't respond or resolve the case within 3 days of opening, you will have the option to escalate the case to us to review. Etsy reserves the right to escalate a case early for circumstances such as seller inactivity, harassment, refusal of service, case manipulation, and undermining the integrity of the case system. An Etsy case agent will determine how to handle the issue. Etsy may intervene and issue a refund.
- If you don't escalate the case to Etsy's review, your case may be closed.
- If you paid via PayPal, you should work with the seller through Etsy's case system, but Etsy may not be able to refund PayPal payments. PayPal has a limited time frame for filing a claim. Please contact PayPal's customer support for more information.
The seller has three days to resolve the case. If the case isn’t resolved after three days, you can escalate the case to Etsy from your case.
To add information to your case, comment on the case. You’ll help us solve your case faster by keeping all details in the case.