- You'll only be able to instantly change your shop name once. If you need to change it again, use the same form to submit a name change request. Etsy Support will then review the request.
- If your shop is open, changing your shop name doesn't free up the previous name for use on another account. Once a shop name has been used on an open shop, it can't be freed up again.
If your shop isn't open yet
- You can change your name as often as you like before you open your shop.
- Once you open your shop, your name will be considered in use, and you won't be able to use that shop name on another account.
If the shop name is already in use
Searching on Etsy isn't an effective way to see if a name is free.
Keep in mind that the name won't appear in Search if it's a username or a shop that has been closed.
You also won’t be able to use a shop name that you’ve previously used on another account, even if that account is closed.
If the name is available
Your shop name will be changed as soon as you click Save.
- Shop names can be up to 20 characters long, and they can't have spaces or punctuation.
- The name you choose becomes part of the URL to get to your shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/shopname or shopname.etsy.com
- You may want to capitalise letters in your shop name to distinguish separate words.
For tips on naming your shop, check out this Seller Handbook article.