How To Manage Classic Shop Policies
To manage your classic shop policies:
- On Etsy.com, click Shop Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Click Info & Appearance.
- Click Policies.
- Type or change your policies in the textboxes for:
- Returns and exchanges
- Welcome Message
- Payment Policy
- Delivery Policy
- Additional Information
- Private receipt info (only visible to buyers in the EU)
My Policies tab is different
If your Policies tab doesn’t have textboxes for you to enter policies, it means that you are using the simple policies template. Learn how to manage simple shop policies.
How to use the returns and exchanges template
The returns and exchanges template gives you an easy way to set and explain policies for returns, exchanges, and cancellations. You can turn the individual policies on and off, select policy options from lists, and the policy language will be created for you.
To use the returns and exchanges template:
- Go to Shop Manager> Settings > Info & Appearance > Policies.
- Click the switch icons to show whether or not you accept returns, exchanges, or cancellations.
- Type or change any other policies for returns or exchanges in the details textbox. If you have an existing refund policy, you’ll see it here.
- Click Save.
Please be sure that information in the details textbox doesn’t contradict any of Etsy's site-wide policies or any of your own policies.
How to stop using the returns and exchanges template
To stop using the returns and exchanges template
- Click Shop Manager.
- Click the pencil icon next to your shop name in the Sales channels section of the sidebar.
- Scroll down to the Shop policies section and click the pencil icon.
- Select Turn off templated return policies.
- Type your custom return policies in the Returns and exchange details textbox.
Shop policy best practices
Disclaimer: The content in this article constitutes educational information and not legal or tax advice. The reader assumes all responsibility for any and all use of this information. For specific questions, please consult a licensed attorney. This page may be updated periodically.