Claims for insurance purchased on Etsy are processed by our insurance provider, Shipsurance Insurance Services, Inc.
If you did not purchase additional insurance coverage through Shipsurance, claims for the liability coverage included with FedEx® shipping services are handled by FedEx and must be filed online. Start filing your claim with FedEx here.
How long do I need to wait before filing a claim with Shipsurance?
For lost packages, you must wait 20 days for domestic and 40 days for international locations.
How long do I have to file a claim with Shipsurance?
Claims must be filed no later than 120 days from the shipment date.
Where do I start?
Filing a claim for Shipsurance Parcel Insurance purchased with your Etsy Shipping Label begins on Etsy.
- Go to Shop Manager > Orders & Shipping.
- Find your order and click the receipt number for your order.
- Click Options next to shipping label number.
- Click File Insurance Claim. This link will only appear if you purchased insurance for that label.
You can also start the process from the Shipping Labels section of your shop.
- Go to Shop Manager > Orders & Shipping > View shipping labels > Purchased Labels.
- Find the label you’d like to file a claim for.
- Click the gear icon to the right and select File Insurance Claim.
If you need to cancel the order, file your claim before doing so. You won't be able to file a claim after the order is canceled. Add your claim amount and specify the reason for the claim, whether the package was damaged, lost, or if items were missing.
For damaged claims, provide a detailed description of the damage. If the item can be repaired, indicate the cost of repair. If it's not repairable, enter the recoverable amount. This is whatever value the item still has. Hold on to the damaged property until the claim is resolved, or your claim will be denied.
When you're ready to proceed, click File Insurance Claim. Your claim will be submitted to Shipsurance. The rest of the process is handled entirely by Shipsurance Insurance Services who may request some additional documents during this process.
You may check on the status of your claim at any time on this page.