Important: You must set both A records and CNAME records in order for your domain to properly connect to your Pattern site.
First, edit your A record information for your root domain.
- Go to http://manage.bigrock.com/ to log in to your BigRock control panel.
- Click on the BigRock domain name you’d like to connect.
- In the Domain Registration section, click DNS Management in the list to the right.
- From there, click Manage DNS. This will open a popup which is the admin area for this domain.
- In the admin area, make sure the A Records button is selected.
- In the List of Address A Records section below, if you have more than one domain through BigRock, click on the domain you want to connect in the list shown and then click Modify Record. If none are listed, click Add A Record.
- Leave the Name field blank.
- In the Destination IPv4 Address field, type in: 126.96.36.199
- Leave the TTL field as is.
Next, edit your CNAME records for your subdomain.
- From within the same admin area, click CNAME Records.
- Click Add CNAME Record.
- In the Host Name field, enter “www".
- Leave the first Value field blank. In the second Value field, type patternbyetsy.com
- In the TTL field, enter 7200 (the minimum TTL allowed by BigRock).
- Click Add Record.
- If you receive an error message indicating a resource record conflict, click to go back to your A Records and follow the subset of instructions below. Otherwise, see step 8.
- If you see a record in this list starting with a subdomain (www), click on that record.
- When the record appears, click Delete Record. Do this for any other records appearing in your list of A records except for the one you set up using the above instructions.
- Click the CNAME Records button and repeat steps 2-6 above.
- If you’d like to set up multiple subdomains, repeat the same process above for each.
Once you have set up all of your desired records, you will need to visit the Domains section of your Pattern Dashboard to connect your domain by typing "www.YourDomain.com" into the field next to Own a domain?
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain to connect.
If you're still having trouble connecting your domain, check for any preexisting A records or CNAME records and delete them. Conflicting records can cause your domain connection to fail.
If you continue to have trouble, contact your domain provider’s support team and provide them with the following information:
- You would like to set up one A record for your root domain which points to 188.8.131.52.
- You would also like to set up a CNAME record (www.) for your subdomain that points to your Etsy-hosted domain, which is patternbyetsy.com
Note: Never give your Etsy username or password to a third party.
Only you are authorised to instruct your domain provider to connect your domain to your Pattern site and Etsy cannot interact directly with your domain provider under any circumstances.