If you registered a domain on Pattern, you can renew it manually or enrol in auto-renew. Keep in mind that your domain is only eligible for auto-renew if it's more than 60 days away from its expiration date.
If your domain is within 60 days of its expiration date, you can renew the domain manually from the Pattern dashboard.
To keep your domain consistent and prevent service interruptions, we recommend enabling auto-renew.
To turn on auto-renew:
- Visit the Domains section of the Pattern Dashboard and click Manage next to the domain you want to update.
- Under the expiration date, click Turn on auto-renew.
- Select Done to confirm your changes.
You can turn off auto-renew any time by following the same instructions above. Click Turn off auto-renew and then confirm your changes.
Additional information for auto-renew
- To avoid service interruption, your domain will auto-renew 30 days before its renewal date. If you have WHOIS privacy protection enabled, WHOIS will also be renewed with your domain.
- You'll receive an email from Etsy 60 days prior to your domain expiration date to let you know that your domain will renew in 30 days.
- You have 30 days to opt out of auto-renew after receiving the domain expiration email. If you don't opt out during this time, your domain will automatically renew.
- After your domain auto-renews, you'll see the renewal fees reflected on your Payment account.
If you choose to manually renew your domain, Etsy and our domain provider, OpenSRS, will send you reminder emails as your domain reaches its expiration date. Domain renewal fees will be added to the current balance of your Payment account. Learn more about Pattern fees.
Note: You can only renew your domain if it’s within 60 days of expiring. If you want to renew your domain more than 60 days before it expires, you’ll need to enrol in auto-renew.
To manually renew your domain:
- Visit the Domains section of the Pattern Dashboard.
- Click Manage next to the domain you’d like to renew.
- Below the expiration date, click Renew your domain now.
- In the renewal overlay, select how long you want your domain to be renewed. You can renew your domain for up to 3 years at a time.
In addition to the domain renewal price, we'll also display the price to renew privacy protection if you have it enabled.
You're welcome to disable WHOIS protection by unchecking the box next to Make my info private. Keep in mind that disabling this service will make your contact information publicly accessible in the WHOIS database. This includes your phone number, email address, and/or mailing address. Learn more about WHOIS privacy protection.
If you want your domain to renew automatically, check the box next to Turn on auto-renew.
Your domain will renew on a yearly basis after your domain expires, regardless of the length of your renewal time. You can change your renewal settings at any time from the Pattern Dashboard.
Once you set your renewal preferences, click Purchase. Keep in mind that it may take up to 30 minutes for the dashboard to reflect this change. Once the page updates, you'll see the new date that your domain will renew.
Etsy will send you an email 31 days prior to your domain's expiration date to remind you to renew. Our emails will also mention that you'll start to receive emails from OpenSRS. Until you take action to renew your domain, you may receive email reminders at the following times:
- 30 days before your domain expires
- 7 days before your domain expires
- 5 days before your domain expires
- 3 days after your domain expires (if you haven't yet renewed)
If your domain expires before being renewed and you don't have another domain connected, your domain no longer point to your Pattern site. Your domain name will also revert to YourEtsyShopName.patternbyetsy.com until you designate otherwise.
If you have another domain connected to your Pattern site, your site will remain connected to that domain.
After your domain expires, you have a 40 day grace period to retrieve your domain. Keep in mind that you may be subject to additional fees.
After 40 days, your domain will have a redemption period. The options for redeeming your domain may vary. Click here to learn more about redeeming your domain after expiration.
If you're unable to redeem your expired domain, you will need to register a new one. Please note that your previously registered domain may or may not be available for purchase.