Important: You must set both A records and CNAME records in order for your domain to properly connect to your Pattern site.
First, edit your A record information for your root domain.
- Go to https://www.123-reg.co.uk to log in to your account.
- Once logged in, select the domain you’d like to configure from the Your Domains dropdown and click Manage.
- In the Advanced domain settings section, click Manage DNS.
- From there, click the Advanced DNS tab.
- In the first TYPE ‘A’ row, click the edit button and change the DESTINATION/TARGET to point to: 188.8.131.52
- Click the checkmark button to save your changes.
Next, edit your CNAME records for your subdomain.
- From the same page, scroll down to the blank Hostname field and enter "www".
- From the Type dropdown, select CNAME.
- In the Destination CNAME field, enter your complete Pattern site URL: patternbyetsy.com
- Once finished, click Add.
- If you’d like to set up multiple subdomains, repeat the same process above for each.
Once you have set up all of your desired records, visit the Domains section of your Pattern Dashboard to connect your domain by typing "www.YourDomain.com" into the Connect field.
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain to connect.
If you're still having trouble connecting your domain, check for any preexisting A records or CNAME records and delete them. Conflicting records can cause your domain connection to fail.
If you continue to have trouble, contact your domain provider’s support team and provide them with the following information:
- You would like to set up one A record for your root domain which points to 184.108.40.206.
- You would also like to set up a CNAME record (www.) for your subdomain that points to your Etsy-hosted domain, which is patternbyetsy.com
Note: Never give your Etsy username or password to a third party.
Only you are authorised to instruct your domain provider to connect your domain to your Pattern site and Etsy cannot interact directly with your domain provider under any circumstances.