With shop video, you can upload a video about your shop and creative process directly to your About section within your shop's settings on a web browser.
People come to Etsy to shop from other creative people. Shop video can help you share the story of your business with others in the Etsy community.
Consider giving a peek at the process of making your items or curating your Etsy shop. The video can help to highlight what you do and can create more confidence with potential buyers.
In the Sell on Etsy app
Go to Settings > Shop settings and scroll down to Shop video.
On a web browser
- Go to Shop Manager and click the pencil icon next to your shop name under Sales Channels
- Scroll down to the About section
- Click Add Video
A good shop video should:
- What do you do?
- When did you open your shop?
- Where are you based?
- What is your workspace like?
Demo your process
- How did you get into making or curating?
- Do you have production partners?
- What inspires you?
Show off your items
- If you’re a maker, what is your process like?
- If you sell vintage, show some of your favorite pieces. What makes them special?
Try and keep it concise. A good shop video should not exceed 2 minutes.
Add a caption
To add a caption to your video:
- Click Add caption next to your video.
- Write your caption in the textbox.
- Click Save.
Your caption can be a transcript of your video, or a description. People who access Etsy.com with a screen reader can benefit from reading the description of your video.
Note: Captions are optional.
Size - 300 MB max
Format - MOV, MPEG, AVI, MP4, M4V
Aspect ratio - We have no requirements but strongly recommend landscape videos.
Length - We recommend not exceeding 2 minutes. Any video over 10 minutes may experience longer than usual upload times.
Caption - 120 characters max