Every listing has a title. It's the text that appears above the listing image on the listing page, in your shop, and in Search results.
Use your title to tell shoppers what your item is in a few words.
When someone searches on Etsy, the system looks at listing titles, along with tags, and item categories.
- The first few words of listing titles have a particularly strong influence on Etsy Search.
Only place words and phrases buyers will search for in your listing title. If you're selling artwork, put the title of your piece in the description instead of the listing title.
While titling your items, also keep in mind how other search engines off Etsy will find and display your items. Learn more about Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
Editing the title of an existing listing
- Go to Shop Manager > Listings.
- Search for the item you’d like to edit. Click the Quick Edit button on the upper right corner of the page. The title field will become editable.
- Make your changes and click out of the field or hit Enter on your keyboard.
- The maximum length for a title is 140 characters.
- The following characters may only be used once in a title: % : &
- The following characters may not be used: $ ^ `
- Titles may not contain more than three words in all capital letters. Please use both upper and lower case letters in your titles. If you're syndicated for Google Shopping, you should also make sure your titles follow the guidelines Google has set for this service.