There are a few possible reasons why your listing images aren't uploading. Here are some suggestions:
- We recommend your images be at least 1000 pixels wide. Use image editing software to resize your images before uploading them to Etsy.
- Check to make sure that your browser is compatible with Etsy. Using an older version of a web browser, or a browser that's not supported by Etsy, can cause trouble. If you're using Internet Explorer, disable add-ons and toolbars that didn't come with your browser.
- Check your internet connection. Keep in mind that images higher than 300k in file size may time out, especially on a slower internet connection.
- Ensure the file is a properly encoded .jpg, .gif or .png. These are the only image file types Etsy supports. Animated .gif files are not supported.
- Convert your images to sRGB before uploading to ensure that the colours you see on the site will match the originals. We convert images to use the sRGB colour profile (CMYK colour profile is for print only).
- Make sure there isn't a firewall blocking your uploads. Try to alter your firewall settings or take the firewall down briefly to test the transfer.
- Etsy auto-rotates listing photos, but keep in mind that this depends on information included by your camera in the image file. If your listing images are still uploading sideways, try using a photo editing service to rotate your images, or retake the photo while holding the camera in a different position. Remember that the orientation of your subject matter should match the orientation of the camera.
Here are a few online photo editing services that many sellers like to use. These services are easy and free. You can use either of these tools to resize, edit, or rotate your images for Etsy.
Note: Etsy is not affiliated with any of these services.