New to Etsy Wholesale? Take a look at this Help article to learn how to get started.
The Linesheet Organiser
You can rearrange your items or create and edit collections from the Linesheet Organiser. From this page, you can also preview your linesheet and share it with buyers who are not yet on Etsy Wholesale.
To access the Linesheet Organiser, click Shop Manager > Listings > Linesheet organizer.
Use your Etsy seller tools to add items and organise your linesheet.
To add items, click Shop Manager > Listings and click the Add a listing button.
Getting found in search
When a member searches for an item on Etsy Wholesale, our search algorithm works to return the most relevant matches, similar to the retail site.
For items to surface in Search results, they must match the buyer’s search word or phrase. Items that do not match a buyer’s search won’t be included in results.
For example, the search “waxed canvas tote” will only return items that match all three words in the listing title or materials fields.
Once the algorithm finds all of the items that match the search, we use keywords to determine the order of those results.
- Exact phrase matches are stronger than matches on individual words. For example, a search for “waxed canvas tote” will return all items with the words “waxed,” “canvas,” and “tote” in the listing title or materials section. However, items with the phrase “waxed canvas tote” in the title would be considered a closer match and appear higher up in Search results.
- If a word or phrase in a buyer’s search appears in both the title and the materials field of a listing, the search algorithm considers that listing more relevant than a listing with that word or phrase in the materials field or title alone.
Tips for optimising your items for search
- Create powerful titles. Words at the beginning of titles have a particularly strong pull. You can use as many characters in your listing title as you like, but be sure to keep the most important search terms at the beginning of your listing title. Remember that tags are a retail-only feature, so they don’t help your wholesale items get found.
- Include colour descriptors for your materials. If you have an item made of black canvas, enter “canvas” and “black canvas” in your materials field.
- Add your shop's location. Buyers have the option to search for sellers by location, so adding your location allows you to show up in these searches.
Additional tips for promoting your wholesale line
- Use your retail shop to promote your wholesale line. Many retail buyers use the main marketplace to shop for inventory for their retail stores, so it’s a good idea to include a “wholesale” tag in the listings of your best selling products with a line directed at retailers in your listing description, such as, “I’m an approved Etsy Wholesale seller. If you’re a retailer, ask me for my linesheet.”
- Share your Etsy Wholesale guest pass. Retailers who are not Etsy Wholesale members will be able to access your wholesale linesheet through this exclusive pass that you can share when they convo you with inquiries. You can read more about the guess pass in this Help article.
- Create a snippet in Conversations for retailers. When a retailer stumbles upon your retail line on Etsy, have a response ready to go with your wholesale info. Want to go the extra mile? Shorten your guest pass URL with a service like bit.ly, giving retailers even easier access to your wholesale pricing.
Viewing your wholesale and retail items
To view your wholesale and retail items, click Shop Manager > Listings.
You can filter items by their channel under the Marketplace section. Your unified listings will have a Retail & Wholesale note if you are viewing the Retail or Wholesale channel.
Unifying your retail and wholesale listings
If you've added any of your retail items to your wholesale linesheet, you'll see those wholesale items in the Listings section of your Shop Manager labelled as Retail & Wholesale.
To filter and view items by their sales channel, use the Sales Channel dropdown menu.
Keeping your retail and wholesale listings separate is ideal for sellers who prefer to have two unique listings with different titles, descriptions, and/or pricing.
You might prefer to have a single listing appear in both your linesheet and shop. You can unify your listings using the Bulk Edit tool to add your retail listings to your linesheet.
Once you add your retail listings to your linesheet, you will have a single set of listings to manage.
Please note that there is no way to bulk add your wholesale listings to your retail shop. You also cannot bulk edit your unified listings to be retail-only.
Adding new items to your linesheet and retail shop
When you add a new item or edit an existing listing, you'll see an option to select the sales channel in the Listing Details box. If you want the item to appear in your retail shop, wholesale linesheet, or both, you can simply choose the appropriate sales channel box.
Relevant fields for retail or wholesale will appear on the page depending on your selected sales channel(s).
If you don’t want the listing to be the same in your shop and linesheet (for example, if you want your wholesale listing to have a different description and/or title) you can save the listing and make a copy of the listing from the Listings section of your Shop Manager. You can then edit the copied listing to select the alternate sales channel and make the appropriate changes.
Adding retail listings to your linesheet in bulk
You can add a group of retail listings to your linesheet using the Bulk Edit tool. Click Shop Manager > Listings. Check the boxes next to the retail listings you wish to add to your linesheet. Then click More Actions > Add to Linesheet.
An overlay will appear where you can set your wholesale pricing as a percentage of your retail prices. Click Add to Linesheet.
Note: Supplies, vintage, and digital items may not be added to your linesheet.
Rearranging items on your linesheet
The Linesheet Organiser allows you to drag and drop to rearrange your items. You'll see up to 24 items per page. You can also use the position field on the right to manually enter your preferred item order.
To rearrange the items on your linesheet, click Shop Manager > Listings > Linesheet organizer. Hover over the icon next to the item image then drag and drop the item to your preferred order.
You can also enter your preferred item position using the position field to the right of the item title.
Selecting the items displayed in category browse
The first three items in your linesheet, as set by the linesheet positions, are displayed in category browse pages.
To change these items, use the rearrange tool to drag and drop your items into the first 3 linesheet positions or manually set your preferred item’s positions to 1, 2, or 3.
If you do not set specific linesheet positions, the display results will default to the most recently added products in that category.
Creating and managing linesheet collections
Collections are a great way to organise products on your linesheet. Your collections are displayed as links at the top of your linesheet.
You can use collections to group similar or related products, making it easier for retailers to shop your linesheet. You may have up to 8 collections.
To manage your collections, go to Shop Manager > Listings > Linesheet organizer.
To create a collection:
- Click Create a Collection.
- Enter the title of the collection along with a brief description. Then, click Create.
To put your items into collections, click the checkbox next to the listings you want in a specific collection. Then, select the collection title from the dropdown menu and click Save. To change the order of your collections, you can drag and drop by hovering over the icon next to the collection name.
To edit your collection title, click the pencil link next to the particular collection. You can remove a collection by clicking the trash can icon. Removing a collection does not delete the listings within that collection.
Sharing your linesheet with prospective buyers
You can share your linesheet by giving your guest pass to buyers. This allows buyers who aren't yet on the Etsy Wholesale platform to view your items and even purchase from you using their regular Etsy account.
To share your linesheet:
- Click Shop Manager > Listings > Linesheet organizer.
- Click the Share with Buyers link on the right.
An overlay will appear with an auto-generated link. You can share this special guest pass with buyers who are not yet registered on Etsy Wholesale. The link will give them access to your linesheet, seller policies, and seller profile.
Since a buyer using a guest pass won't necessarily offer all of their business information, it's important to provide your guest pass only to buyers you are interested in beginning a business relationship with. It's not ideal to put your guest pass in very public areas like your business card or your Etsy retail shop, since you aren't able to control who sees this information.
If your guest would like to place a purchase order, they must first register for an Etsy account. Guests who already have an Etsy account can sign in to that existing account to complete checkout.
Note: Guests who come to Etsy Wholesale via the guest pass will not have access to the rest of Etsy Wholesale unless they apply for a buyer account. Access will be limited to the linesheets, profiles, and policies of sellers who have shared a guest pass link with them. Your buyer doesn't have to be considered an eligible business for the platform in order to use your guest pass.
Hiding your linesheet
Placing your retail shop on Vacation Mode will not hide your linesheet. If you're unable to accept wholesale orders currently or would like to temporarily put your wholesale line on hold, you can update your linesheet’s visibility settings to keep your linesheet hidden from buyers. While your linesheet is hidden, buyers will not be able to submit purchase orders. Please note that this also hides all of your wholesale information, including your policies and profile.
Closing your wholesale account
If you’d like to close your Etsy Wholesale account, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address linked to your wholesale account.