Important: You must set both A records and CNAME records in order for your domain to properly connect to your Pattern site.
First, edit your A record information for your root domain.
- Go to https://www.enom.com/ to log in to your account.
- Once logged in, click Domains at the top of the page and then click My Domains.
- In the Domain Overview section, click Host Records under the domain you wish to connect.
- Then, in the * A (A Address) row, enter in the Address field: 220.127.116.11
- Click Save.
Next, edit your CNAME records for your subdomain.
- In the www, CNAME (Alias) row, type patternbyetsy.com in the address field to create a subdomain.
- If you’d like to set up multiple subdomains, follow the subset of instructions below. Otherwise, skip to step 3.
- In the next empty Host Name field, type in your preferred subdomain, for example, “shop” or “store”.
- Type patternbyetsy.com in the Address field for each subdomain.
- Click Save.
Once you have set up all of your desired records, you'll need to visit the Domains section of your Pattern Dashboard and type www.YourDomain.com into the field next to Own a domain? .
It can take up to 48 hours for your domain to connect.
If you're still having trouble connecting your domain, check for any preexisting A records or CNAME records and delete them. Conflicting records can cause your domain connection to fail.
If you continue to have trouble, please contact Enom's support team and provide them with the following information:
- You would like to set up one A record for your root domain which points to 18.104.22.168.
- You would also like to set up a CNAME record (www.) for your subdomain that points to your Etsy-hosted domain, which is patternbyetsy.com
Note: Never give your Etsy username or password to a third party.
Only you are authorised to instruct your domain provider to connect your domain to your Pattern site, and Etsy cannot interact directly with your domain provider under any circumstances.