The Social media section in your shop allows you to quickly promote your shop and share important updates to sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest from your computer or the Sell on Etsy app.
There can be up to 6 categories relevant to your shop, such as:
- Latest listings you’ve added (up to 25 of your most recent listings)
- Recent milestones successes, like a shop birthday
- Active or upcoming sales and coupons
- 5-star reviews
- Items you’ve favourited
- Shop updates (on the Sell on Etsy app only at this time)
From your computer, go to Shop Manager > Marketing > Social media.
- You can also promote your shop on Facebook with Facebook Advertising.
On your computer, be sure to select Social accounts in the top right to connect to the social media accounts that are available.
Note: You will need to have both the Instagram and Sell on Etsy app downloaded on an iOS or Android device to finish your post there.
From the Sell on Etsy app:
- Tap More.
- Tap Marketing.
- Select Social media.
- Select a milestone, listing, or promotion that you'd like to share.
- Use the photos provided in the app, or upload your own photo.
- Write a short description of your post to give shoppers an idea of what you’re sharing. To increase visibility for your post, include relevant hashtags. We'll suggest some for you!
- Tap Share, then select a social media channel where you want others to see your post.
You’ll receive a confirmation message that you successfully shared your post, with the option to share it on more social channels.
Shop updates in the Sell on Etsy app
The social media section of your shop on the Sell on Etsy app also allows you to upload and share photos that:
- Show a work in progress
- Highlight new items in your shop
- Display different ways that your products might be used
To get started:
- Scroll down to Shop updates in the Social media section of your shop.
- Select the type of shop update you want to share.
- Take a photo or add an existing photo, then tap Next.
- Tag the photo with a relevant listing in your shop and add a caption.
- To make your post live, tap Share on Etsy.
- Once your photo has been uploaded and tagged, you’ll have the option to share it on your social media apps.
To edit a shop update in the app, select an individual post. Tap the three dots in the top right corner of your device's display.
Any photos you share from shop updates will collect into a feed that is linked to your shop homepage. It will also be shown to buyers who follow you on Etsy.
Buyers will be able to buy the items that are tagged in the photos by clicking on the orange price tag or clicking through the listing image on the right of the photo.
Tips on posting to social media
Check out these additional resources on sharing to social media from your shop: