Social media is a powerful marketing tool that can help you promote your products, reach potential new customers, and entice existing customers to buy again.
Tips for using social media as a marketing tool:
- Post regularly so followers come to expect and look forward to your posts. Create a schedule so you avoid large breaks between posts.
- Respond to comments to make your customers part of the conversation.
- Share a mix of posts that promote your products, showcase your process and inspiration, and provide value to your followers.
- Tailor your posts to each channel to avoid overwhelming your followers with similar content.
How to create a social media post on Etsy
From the Social media section in your shop, you can quickly promote your shop and share important updates to sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Pinterest.
There are six types of posts you can create through Etsy:
- Latest listings you’ve added (up to 25 of your most recent listings)
- Recent milestones and successes, like your shop’s anniversary
- Current or upcoming sales and coupons
- 5-star reviews
- Items you’ve favourited
- Shop updates
To create a social media post:
- On Etsy.com, click Shop Manager.
- Click Marketing.
- Click Social Media.
- Click Social accounts to connect an account.
- When you’re ready to create a post, click Create post.
- Select the type of post you want to create.
- Click Next.
- Add images and a caption.
- Select the networks you want to share your post with.
- Click Post.
Any photos you share from shop updates will collect into a feed that is linked to your shop homepage. It will also be shown to buyers who follow you on Etsy.
Buyers can buy the items that are tagged in the photos by clicking on the orange price tag or clicking through the listing image on the right of the photo.
To learn more about marketing your Etsy shop, read the Ultimate Guide to Marketing.