Note: This article is intended for sellers who set their own postage rates. If you're in the US or Canada and want your postage costs calculated for you, check out this Help article on calculated postage.
As a seller on Etsy, you determine both your postage rates and destinations on each of your listings.
Some buyers only view items on Etsy that deliver to their country. To make sure you appear in international searches, be sure to set rates for every country you feel comfortable delivering to.
To manage your delivery destinations for existing listings:
- Go to Shop Manager > Listings. Select the thumbnail photo next to the listing you'd like to edit or select Edit from the gear menu.
- In the Delivery area, use the dropdown menu next to Dispatch origin to choose the country where your item will be dispatching from.
- Click Add location. Once you choose the countries you'd like to deliver to, fill in the postage costs per destination below Postage costs.
- You can also select European Union or Europe non-EU. If you set a postage cost for a specific country within those regions, that cost will override the cost set for the region.
- For example, if the cost to deliver within Germany is lower than delivering within the EU, you can set a discounted cost for Germany. The buyer will be charged the discounted cost instead of the postage cost for the EU.
"Everywhere Else" delivery
"Everywhere Else" allows you to create a flat-rate price for delivery to everywhere in the world.
- If it costs more or less to deliver to specific countries (like the country where you are located), then you can set that price individually. All countries that you don't set up specifically will fall under "Everywhere Else".
Your location and the delivery address for the buyer determine the cost of delivery for you.
Here are the solutions to some common issues with delivery locations and dispatch dates:
If you received an order from a location you don’t deliver to you have a few options. You can choose to:
- Cancel the order
- Request that the buyer pay additional postage through a private listing
- Deliver at your expense
Why did I receive an order from a location I don’t deliver to?
This can mean that an international delivery destination was enabled by mistake. If a listing or delivery profile shows that it is delivered to the destination “Everywhere Else”, the listing is delivered worldwide.
You can remove “Everywhere else” by clicking the recycling bin icon on its right side in the listing’s Delivery section or on the delivery profile.
This issue is often related to some listings not using a delivery profile. You can check for listings without delivery profiles from your Listings manager:
- On right side menu of the Listings manager, click More filters.
- In the Delivery profiles filter, select No Delivery Profile.
- Click the checkbox on these listings.
- Click Editing options.
- Click Change delivery profile.
- Select the delivery profile you want to apply to these listings.
- Click Apply.
Each listing can have only one delivery origin. If you fulfill orders using multiple different distribution centres, your options are separate listings, or separate shops.
There are a few reasons why your processing time or dispatch-by date might seem incorrect:
- Processing times are in business days (Monday through Friday). Orders on Saturday and Sunday are considered Friday orders, in terms of their processing times.
- Processing times can appear incorrect due to differences in the seller’s, buyer’s, and Etsy’s time zones.
If your dispatch deadline is off by a day, these reasons are the most likely causes. If it’s more than a day, it may be a technical issue. Click I still need help and include an example order number to investigate further.