You can buy postage labels directly through Etsy.
With Etsy Postage Labels, you can buy the postage right on Etsy. You can then print the label and place it on the package. It will include the buyer’s address and the necessary postage.
This means less time at the post office, access to some postage discounts, and more.
We offer labels for the following carriers:
To buy postage labels on Etsy:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Click the Your Account icon, then click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Delivery.
- Find the order you want to buy a postage label for.
- Click the icon of a van to purchase a postage label.
- Under Get postage labels for, check that your address is correct. If you need to update your address, click Edit.
- Under Deliver to on the right side of the page, check that the buyer’s address is correct. If you need to update their address, click Edit.
- Fill out the Delivery information for the package. Learn more about delivery information.
- If you’re dispatching this order internationally, fill out the customs form.
- Click Review your purchase to view a summary of your purchase.
- Confirm the documents you’d like to print. Click Customise options to specify a download preference for your label(s).
- Click Purchase.
A dispatch notification is sent to your buyer, and your order is marked as Complete. You can then print your postage label.
To see all your purchased labels, click Purchased labels from your Completed orders tab.
What delivery information is required?
The delivery information helps us give you an accurate estimate for the cost of your postage label.
- Package weight: The weight of the package.
- Package Type: The Package Type depends on how you package the order.
- Length, Width, Height: The physical dimensions of your package. Fill out the package length, width, and height.
- Delivery service: The delivery service determines how quickly the order delivers to the buyer, and affects the price of postage.
What customs information is required when delivering internationally?
When purchasing an international label, you must supply the weight, value, and an accurate customs description for each item in this order. This weight and value will be used to calculate the package's totals for customs. You can also add an optional tariff number.
Documentation requirements vary by service and destination. Be sure to confirm what is needed on the carrier's site before sending. It’s your responsibility to ensure the required information is completed.
How do I buy a label with calculated postage?
Sellers using USPS or Canada Post can use calculated postage on Etsy. With calculated postage, the package details you set are automatically imported into the postage label purchase page.
To buy a postage label created with calculated postage, double-check the details and click Confirm and buy. You can edit or change the package details for your orders before purchasing your label.
Why buy postage labels from Etsy?
With postage labels bought from Etsy:
- You can buy and print labels from the comfort of your home or studio.
- The buyer’s delivery address is automatically added to the label.
- The tracking number is automatically added to the order.
- Buyers are automatically notified that the order is dispatched.
- You have access to some postage discounts through our partnerships with certain delivery carriers.
- Requesting refunds on unused postage labels from delivery carriers is easy and can be done through Etsy.
If you’re a seller in the US, Canada, Australia, or the UK, you can purchase postage labels on Etsy.
Here are answers to some common questions about postage labels:
You can buy a postage label from your Orders tab on Etsy.com. Click Get labels next to the order you want to buy a label for.
You can’t currently purchase labels through the Sell on Etsy app.
To request a refund for a postage label:
- In your Shop Manager, click Orders & Delivery.
- If you don't see the order in the first tab, click Completed.
- Click Refund under the postage label number on your order.
If you don’t see the Refund button, your label can’t be refunded.
Refunds can be requested from Etsy.com, but not from the Sell on Etsy app.
There are a few reasons you might not be able to purchase Etsy postage labels:
- You’re using the Sell on Etsy app instead of Etsy.com. You can only purchase postage labels from Etsy.com.
- You may be located in a country where we don’t offer postage labels. We offer postage labels for sellers in Australia, Canada, the UK, and the US. If you’re in another country, you can purchase postage labels from a local delivery carrier.
- The buyer’s address may be too long or have invalid characters. All characters must be the Roman alphabet (a,b,c,d,e…) and each line can have 35 characters or less. Address information can be moved to lower lines if a line has too many characters. If you need to make significant edits to a buyer’s address, contact them first to verify that the new address is correct.
- If you’re trying to create a label from the order notification in your email, make sure that you’re signed into the correct Etsy account.
If you can’t solve the problem with creating a postage label for this order, you can purchase a postage label from a delivery carrier online or at your local post office.
If you need to reprint a postage label, click Print under the order’s tracking number in your Orders tab.
You can download and reprint a postage label until the end of the label’s dispatch date.
Some postage labels you can purchase through Etsy come with insurance. You can also buy additional coverage for most types of packages.
You may receive an email notifying you that your postage label cost was adjusted. This means that the delivery carrier measured different dimensions or weight than you recorded on the postage label.
If you believe that an adjustment is an error, you can dispute the adjustment.
Learn how to dispute a USPS postage label adjustment.
If you want to dispute a FedEx and Canada Post adjustment, click I still need help and include the order number and label ID number.