Sellers in the US, Canada, UK, and Australia can buy postage labels directly through Etsy. This means fewer trips to the post office and more time to create and sell your wares.
If you’re in the UK or Australia and want to purchase a postage label, learn how to purchase a Royal Mail, USPS, or Australia Post label.
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Click Shop Manager.
- Click Orders & Delivery.
- Find the order you want to buy a postage label for.
- Click the icon of a van in the upper right corner of the order.
- Select your preferred delivery carrier at the top of the page: USPS or FedEx. If you’re in Canada, you’ll see Canada Post.
- Check that the buyer’s address is correct.
- Add or edit your note to the buyer. This note is included with the dispatch notification that's automatically sent on the Dispatch Date you set for this label.
- Fill out or, if you use calculated postage, double-check the required information about the package. Learn more about each section.
- If you’re delivering this order internationally, fill out the customs information.
- Check that your address is correct under Dispatch From Address and Mailed from Post Code.
- Select your preferred dispatch date.
- Select your Download Preference.
- Click Confirm and Buy.
- Click Purchase.
A dispatch notification is sent to your buyer on the dispatch date you selected, and your order will be marked as dispatched. You can then print your postage label.
What delivery information is required?
The delivery information helps us give you an accurate estimate for the cost of your postage label.
- Package weight: The weight of the package.
- Package Type: The Package Type depends on how you package the order.
- Length, Width, Height: The physical dimensions of your package. Fill out the package length, width, and height.
- Delivery service: The delivery service determines how quickly the order delivers to the buyer, and affects the price of postage.
What customs information is required when delivering internationally?
When purchasing an international label, you must supply the total package weight and a customs description that accurately represents all the items in your order. You can also add an optional tariff number.
Documentation requirements vary by service and destination. Be sure to confirm what is needed on the carrier's site before sending. It’s your responsibility to ensure the required information is completed.
How is the label cost determined?
Once you enter all necessary information, you can see your total estimated cost.
When you purchase a postage label on Etsy, the label’s cost is based on the delivery service, weight, dimensions, origin post code, and destination post code. When the package is dropped off, the carrier verifies that all of the information you entered is accurate. If any discrepancies are found at that time, the carrier may adjust the final cost of the label.
The cost of your postage label and any additional fees will appear in your Payment account. If you purchase parcel insurance on Etsy, the cost of insurance will appear separately on your bill and will include the postage label number.
Learn about fees associated with label changes for FedEx.
How do I buy a label with calculated postage?
Sellers using USPS or Canada Post can use calculated postage on Etsy. With calculated postage, the package details you set are automatically imported into the postage label purchase page.
To buy a postage label created with calculated postage, double-check the details and click Confirm and buy. You can edit or change the package details for your orders before purchasing your label.
Why buy postage labels from Etsy?
With postage labels bought from Etsy:
- There are no additional fees from Etsy to use Etsy Postage Labels.
- The cost of postage may be at a discount over the standard retail rate.
- Delivery Confirmation and tracking are included with First-Class Mail.
- Insurance is included with some delivery methods that are available through Etsy.
- Label information is automatically added to your Etsy orders, and you can review it directly on Etsy.com.