If you’re enrolled in Etsy Payments, your sales funds help to pay for your shop fees. This means that if you owe any fees for your Etsy shop, those fees are deducted from your sales funds. The amount you have available for deposit is your sales funds minus your fees and any sales tax collected and remitted by Etsy.
If this doesn’t answer your question, learn why your money may not have been deposited yet.
How fees are applied with Etsy Payments
There are several fees that apply to orders processed with Etsy Payments, such as:
- Payment processing fee: The payment processing fee applies to the total cost of the order and varies by country. If you’re in the US, the fee is 3% + $0.25.
- Transaction fee: There is a 5% transaction fee that applies to the cost of your item, plus gift wrap (if applicable).
- Delivery transaction fee: There is a 5% delivery transaction fee that applies to the cost of postage that you charge to the buyer.
This is in addition to other fees and taxes. Transaction fees apply to all sales on Etsy. Learn more about fees and taxes on Etsy.
For example: You’re a US seller with Etsy Payments and you sell a $20.00 item and charge $5.00 for postage.
The fees that apply to this order:
- Your payment process fee is 3% + $0.25 of the entire $25.00 order: $1.00
- Your transaction fee is 5% of the $20.00 item cost: $1.00
- Your delivery transaction fee is 5% of the 5.00 USD postage cost charged to the buyer: 0.25 USD
- Total payment and transaction fees: 2.25 USD
Your total fees are deducted from your Payment account. After this sale, you would have $25.00 - $2.25, or $22.75 available for deposit, and no amount due.