If you’re located in the Netherlands, you can use iDEAL to pay for your order on Etsy. To pay with iDEAL:
- On Etsy.com or in the Etsy app, click your Basket.
- Under How you’ll pay, choose iDEAL.
- Click Proceed to checkout.
- Select your bank.
- Sign in to your bank and follow the prompts to pay for your order.
- After you confirm your purchase, you’ll return to Etsy.com.
I can’t see the option to pay with iDEAL at checkout
Make sure your default account currency set to Euro (EUR) and your default country set to the Netherlands. From your computer, these settings can be adjusted on the bottom of any Etsy.com page. On the Etsy app, check the regional settings on your mobile device. Learn more about changing your region settings.
iDEAL is not yet available as a payment method if you’re on an Etsy Studio site or using the "Buy it now" option.
I was charged through iDEAL, but my item is still in my basket
When you checked out, you may have missed a step when you reached your bank's website but did not return to Etsy to complete your order. We automatically issue a refund when this happens, and you’ll see it on your bank statement within the next 5 business days.
When you’re ready to place your order again:
- Open Etsy.com in a different internet browser. Learn about browsers that work best with Etsy.
- Go to your Basket.
- Click Remove next to the item in your basket.
- Add the item again.
- Proceed to checkout with iDEAL.
- Click Complete Order on your bank’s iDEAL page to return to Etsy after authorising the payment.