If you’re located in Germany or Austria, you can use SOFORT to pay for your order on Etsy. To pay with SOFORT:
- On Etsy.com or in the Etsy app, go to your basket.
- Under How you’ll pay, choose SOFORT.
- Go to Proceed to checkout.
- Select your bank.
- Sign in to your bank and follow the prompts to pay for your order.
- After you confirm your purchase, you’ll return to Etsy.com.
I can’t see the option to pay with SOFORT at checkout
Make sure your default account currency set to Euro (EUR) and your default country set to the Germany or Austria. From your computer, these settings can be adjusted on the bottom of any Etsy.com page. On the Etsy app, check the regional settings on your mobile device. Learn more about changing your region settings.
SOFORT is not yet available as a payment method if you’re using the "Buy it now" option.
I was charged through SOFORT, but my item is still in my basket
When you checked out, you may have missed a step when you reached your bank's website but did not return to Etsy to complete your order. We automatically issue a refund when this happens, and you’ll see it on your bank statement within the next 5 business days.
When you’re ready to place your order again:
- Open Etsy.com in a different internet browser. Learn about browsers that work best with Etsy.
- Go to your Basket.
- Select Remove next to the item in your basket.
- Add the item again.
- Proceed to checkout with SOFORT.
- Complete the order on your bank’s SOFORT page to return to Etsy after authorising the payment.