Your Sales & Credits in your Payment account includes your gross Etsy Payment sales totals (excluding taxes collected by Etsy) minus payment processing fees.
Sales & Credits = Order totals - Payment processing fees
The total for an Etsy Payment Order includes the:
- Item cost
- Shipping cost
- Tax you’ve collected from the buyer
- Gift wrap
How to calculate your Sales & Credits total
To reconcile the Sales & Credits total, you must download your Etsy Payment Sales CSV file:
- On Etsy.com, click Shop Manager.
- Click Settings.
- Click Options.
- Click Download Data.
- Select Etsy Payment Sales as the CSV type.
- Select your desired month and/or year. To download an entire year, leave the month blank.
- Click Download CSV to save the file to your computer.
Once you’ve downloaded your Etsy Payment Sales CSV file, locate the following information for the time period you’re reconciling:
- Total the Gross column.
- Total the Fees column.
- Take the Gross total and subtract the Fees total.
If you need assistance with understanding your shop totals, we recommend that you speak with a local professional, especially if it’s tax related. Etsy is unable to provide sellers with tax advice.
What’s included in my Etsy Payments Sales CSV?
Here is a breakdown of the information included on your Etsy Payments Sales CSV:
- Gross: Order total charged to the buyer, excluding taxes collected by Etsy, and shown included on the Etsy 1099-K form issued by Etsy.
- Fees: Payment processing fee charged for Etsy Payments sales.
- Net: Gross Order total minus the payment processing fee.
- Adjusted Gross: Order amount after any refund issued.
- Adjusted Fee: Payment processing fee after credit for a refund.
- Adjusted Net: Amount after a refund is deducted and payment processing fee credit.
- Refund: Refund amount issued to back to the buyer for their order.