The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives individuals in the EU more transparency, rights, and control over the way their personal information is used. It also provides rights for data deletion, access, and portability.
As an Etsy member, you have the option to permanently close and delete your account. Permanently deleting your Etsy account can’t be undone.
If you don’t want your account to be permanently closed and deleted, you may consider:
- Closing your Etsy account: When you close your Etsy account, your account becomes inactive, and you have the option to reopen it.
- Closing your Etsy shop: If you want to close your shop and continue buying on Etsy, you can close your shop instead of your entire Etsy account. You can reopen your shop at any time.
How to permanently delete your Etsy account
Before you permanently delete your Etsy account, check that:
- For sellers
- You have no amount due in your payment account
- You have fulfilled all your orders
- You have resolved all your cases
- For buyers
- All cases you opened are resolved
- You have no additional cases you want to open, since you won’t have access to the case system after you close your account
To permanently close and delete your Etsy account:
- On Etsy.com, click You.
- Click Account settings.
- Click Privacy.
- Click Begin the process under Permanently close and delete your Etsy account.
- If your account doesn’t have any open issues like overdue payments, unfulfilled orders, unresolved cases, or policy violations, you’ll receive an email with instructions to complete your deletion request.
For security and verification purposes, you must make the deletion request while logged into the Etsy account you’d like to close and delete.