If an account violates Etsy’s policies or is suspected of fraud or other negative impact on Etsy members, Etsy may suspend buying and selling privileges, or remove a shop from search.
Some abilities and features are restricted when an account is suspended. If your account is suspended, you can’t:
- Place orders on Etsy
- Receive new orders, and your shop isn’t viewable on Etsy
- Access the Etsy apps
- Create or edit listings in your shop
- Purchase or print Etsy postage labels
- Cancel existing orders
- View reviews left by buyers in your shop
- Run a promoted listing campaign, and you won’t be charged fees for ads
You can continue to:
- Access your accounts by visiting Etsy.com using a web browser
- Read and respond to Conversations, and create new Conversations
- Mark orders as complete and upload tracking information
- Issue full and partial refunds
- View your case history and resolve those that are open
- View new and completed orders
- View and settle your balance in your payment account
What happens if my shop is removed from Etsy search?
If Etsy removes your shop from search results, your shop and listings won’t be findable through search on Etsy. However, buyers with a direct link to your shop can still view your listings and place orders. While a shop is unsearchable, Promoted Listing ads won’t run and you won’t be charged fees for these ads.
You'll continue to have access to all sections of your account in the Etsy apps and Etsy.com, including order history, cases, and Conversations. You can issue refunds, cancel orders, and print Etsy postage labels.
What happens when a shop is in Holiday Mode?
Whether you choose to place your shop in Holiday Mode or Etsy does so on your behalf, your listings will no longer appear in our search results and can't be purchased. Learn more about what happens when your account is in Holiday Mode.
How can I reinstate my suspended account?
Depending on the type of suspension, you may see a banner in your Shop Manager, and you may receive an email from Etsy with details about your suspension. You can respond directly to this email to request that your account be reinstated.
If you can’t find a relevant email, or the email you received is from email@example.com, click Contact support at the bottom of this page.