If you set up a free delivery guarantee, orders 35 USD and over are delivered for free for buyers in the US.
Offering free delivery doesn’t have to cost your shop money. While free delivery for buyers isn’t free for you, the seller, you can recover the postage cost by adjusting your item prices. It’s up to you to decide if repricing your items to recover postage cost is right for your business. How you determine and set prices for your shop is your decision.
For sellers outside the US: Learn how you can price items to recover postage costs when you offer a free delivery guarantee.
If I adjust my item prices to recover postage costs when I offer free delivery to the US, won’t this increase the total price of my items internationally?
If you decide to adjust your item prices to recover postage costs, you might consider reviewing and adjusting your postage prices for non-US buyers as well. You can choose to average out the difference so your international customers pay around the same total as they did before you offered free US delivery. How you decide to price your items and delivery is up to you.
Items 35 USD and over
You can use our smart pricing tool to adjust your prices for items 35 USD and over. With this tool, you can adjust the prices of your items to recover postage costs.
Items under 35 USD
If you set up a free delivery guarantee, any orders 35 USD and over qualify for free delivery to buyers in the US. This means that if a US buyer purchases four 10 USD items, they will automatically receive free delivery.
If you’d like to adjust the prices of your items under 35 USD to recover postage costs, here are some examples of ways you can consider adjusting your item prices:
- The average postage cost for orders over 35 USD that include an item(s) under 35 USD: We’ll calculate this for you, and it will be available in your Shop Manager soon. This calculation will take a look at your orders that would have qualified for the guarantee that include items under 35 USD. It will determine the average amount you can to add to your items under 35 USD to recover postage costs over time.
- The amount you currently charge for delivery: You can do this by taking a look at your delivery profiles and adjusting your item prices by the current amount you charge for delivering to the US. Learn how to find your current postage prices.
There are other factors to consider when pricing your items other than covering the costs. For example, you might want to round your item prices to the nearest whole number, whether that’s rounding up or down.
Once you determine how much you want to adjust your item prices by, you can update your item list prices to recover postage costs.
How to check how much you charge for postage
To check how much you currently charge for postage:
- In Shop Manager, click Settings.
- Click Delivery settings.
- Click Edit next to a delivery profile you use often.
- Note how much you’re charging for postage in a profile. This is the amount you may want to adjust your item list prices by to recover postage costs in the list price. The amount is ultimately up to you to decide.
How to update your item prices
To update your item list prices to include postage price:
- In Shop Manager, click Listings.
- If you want to edit all your listings, click the checkbox at the top left. If you want to edit some listings, select the checkboxes under those listings.
- Click Editing options.
- Click Edit prices.
- Enter the amount you used to charge for delivery next to Increase prices by. You can see a sample listing, with its current price and its updated price.
- Click Apply. This will update the item prices of all your selected listings by this amount.
To set up a free delivery guarantee for your shop, you only need to offer free delivery on items and order totaling 35 USD or more for buyers in the US.