If you have feedback about these changes, we encourage you to let us know by filling out our survey.
Required estimated delivery date details
All listings that dispatch from the US to buyers in the US are required to have the following pieces of information:
- A processing time to indicate how long you need to get an order ready and handed off to your delivery company. Learn how to set a processing time.
- A mail class and carrier for standard domestic delivery. When you select Other as your delivery company, you also need to add a delivery time.
- An origin post code, which is the post code the item is dispatching from
When do I need to add this information?
These required estimated delivery date details will be required when:
- You create, copy, or modify a delivery profile
- You create, copy, or modify a listing
- You renew a listing manually
- A listing renews automatically. A listing automatically renews if it is sold and it still has a quantity greater than zero, or if it reaches the end of the 4-month listing period and the listing has been set to automatic renewal.
We use these details to show shoppers an accurate estimated delivery date on your listing, which lets them know when to expect their order.
How will I know if this information is missing?
If one of your delivery profiles is missing estimated delivery date information, an alert will be displayed on your Delivery settings page. This only applies to delivery profiles with at least one active listing attached to them.
Required tracking for certain orders
Orders that are dispatched and are at least $10 USD (excluding delivery, taxes, gift wrap, and discounts) can be marked as complete only after tracking information is added to the order. We know that it’s not always possible to offer tracking, so this change won’t apply in the following instances:
- Digital items, including custom digital items
- Customised order additions linked to another order
- Orders not being dispatched (local pickup/delivery)
- Oversized and heavy items
You’ll have the option to choose Other and add a quick explanation for why you can’t add tracking for an order.
Adding tracking to your physical orders is one of the criteria for the Star Seller badge. Marking your order complete without adding tracking will not count as a tracked order towards Star Seller eligibility.
I purchased postage labels on Etsy
When you purchase postage labels on Etsy, the process of adding tracking to the order and marking it as complete happens automatically. We offer a variety of delivery methods to choose from, including postage for flats and letter mail, all of which include tracking in the postage price.
Make sure the carrier receives your order and you mark it complete by the dispatch by date you choose during label purchase so it arrives within your estimated delivery time. If you don’t plan to dispatch the package that day, you can choose a dispatch date up to two days in the future during label purchase.
I did not purchase postage labels on Etsy
If you purchase postage labels in-person from a carrier, manually add the tracking number to your order on Etsy once you have it, and then mark the order as complete. If you purchase postage labels from a third-party platform, a tracking number must be added to your order on Etsy once you have it.
Make sure the carrier receives your order and you mark it complete by the dispatch by date so it arrives within your estimated delivery time. If you don’t plan to dispatch the package that day, you can choose a future dispatch date up to two days in the future.
Best practices for marking an order complete
If you haven’t purchased postage labels on Etsy, make sure you don’t manually mark your order complete until it is in possession of the delivery company.
Your buyer is notified when their order is marked as complete on the selected dispatch date and provided an estimated delivery date. If you mark an order as complete and hand off the order to the carrier on a later date than the dispatch date, you could cause confusion for your buyer.