Google has retired their former Universal Analytics service and replaced it with Google Analytics 4. To continue using Google Analytics for your Etsy shop or Pattern site, make sure you create an updated Google ID tag using the instructions in this article.
Google Analytics 4 will not show any of your Etsy shop data from before it was linked to your shop settings. You can download your previous shop analytics data from your Universal Analytics account for at least six months after the retirement of Universal Analytics.
Google Analytics* shows the volume of traffic to your website from different traffic sources, and can be configured to show helpful data like what keywords are bringing buyers to your listings. This is a free service available to all Etsy sellers, but it requires a separate account with Google.
Google Analytics is a third-party tracking tool and is not operated by Etsy. If you are having trouble with your Analytics account, please contact Google support.
How to set up a website profile
- Sign in to your Google Analytics account and select Admin from the menu.
- Select Create Property. Enter your shop’s name in the Property Name field.
- Select your time zone and currency from the dropdown menus.
- Enter your industry category and business size in the Business details section.
- Check the boxes next to any business objectives you want to achieve with your analytics, such as driving online sales or raising brand awareness.
- Select Create.
- Select Web and enter the URL for your Etsy shop in the Website URL field (etsy.com/shop/YourEtsyShopName).
- Enter a name for your data stream, then select Create Stream.
- Once your web stream is set up, record or copy the Google ID tag under Measurement ID. Your ID will appear in this format: G-XXXXXXXXXX
If you need help configuring your Google Analytics account, please review Google’s support centre.
How to sync your Google Analytics account with your Etsy shop
- Sign in to Etsy.com and go to your Shop Manager.
- Go to Settings and select Options.
- Select the Web Analytics tab.
- In the Web Property ID field, enter your Google ID Tag in this format: G-XXXXXXXXXX
- Select Save.
To view your Analytics data and keyword reports, you must sign in to your Google Analytics account. Since Google Analytics works on a delay, you may not see data in your reports for up to 24 hours.
How to sync your Google Analytics account with your Pattern site
- Sign in to your Pattern site and go to Settings.
- Under Google Analytics, enter your Google ID tag in this format: G-XXXXXXXXXX
- Select Connect.
Find more tips about using Google Analytics: