Stay up to date with the latest changes for Etsy sellers. Here you’ll find updates on new features, Etsy policy, and site changes that can impact how you manage your shop.
This article is meant to give sellers an overview of important changes at a glance, and some updates may not be listed here. Etsy News, the Etsy Forums and Site Updates in the Seller Handbook also have a variety of information on what’s new at Etsy.
Etsy Payments in Thailand
- Sellers in Thailand can now sign up for Etsy Payments using a Payoneer Payment Account. Learn more.
Etsy Share & Save
- Sellers now have the option to enroll in the Share & Save Program. With Share & Save, you can save on Etsy fees when you drive your own traffic to your shop and listings.
Actual processing times
- If you have a history of completing your orders faster than your stated processing times, you can now automatically update your shipping profiles to show buyers your actual processing time.
Make an offer feature
- Sellers who have their currency set to USD can allow buyers to make price offers on some or all of their listings. Learn more.
Payment account reserves
- We've updated Payment account reserves to address a few seller pain points. Learn more.
Confirming seller info
- Due to new laws and regulations, some sellers are receiving an email alert about an upcoming requirement to review and confirm seller info. If this applies to you, we'll contact you again by email and in your Shop Manager Dashboard to ask you to confirm your seller info within a given deadline.
Royal Mail QR Codes
- Sellers based in the UK will begin to see the option to generate a digital QR code for domestic Royal Mail orders. This code can be taken to a Royal Mail post office to have the shipping label printed there, rather than needing to do it from your home.
USPS Ground Advantage
- USPS is combining their First Class Package and Parcel Select Ground services into a new service called Ground Advantage. Learn more.
Evri Shipping Labels
- UK sellers now have the option of purchasing either Royal Mail or Evri Shipping labels directly from their Etsy shop. Learn more.
Order Processing Schedule:
- Sellers will begin to see the option to include Saturday and Sunday in their order processing times. This means that if you prepare or ship packages on the weekend, buyers will get a more accurate estimate of when their package will arrive. Learn more.
- Google has retired their former Universal Analytics service and replaced it with Google Analytics 4. To continue using Google Analytics for your Etsy shop or Pattern site, make sure you create an updated Google ID tag using the instructions in our help article.
Etsy Design Awards:
- The ability to create digital listings in the new listing creation flow is now available.
- Sellers will begin to see a new listing creation flow in their Shop Manager. This new listing flow will roll out to groups of sellers in phases, and is planned to be available to all US and international sellers by mid-April. You can switch between the old and new listing experiences at any time. Learn more.
Sellers in India must now use shipping labels purchased through Etsy to complete all eligible domestic orders, with some exceptions. Learn more.
The Etsy Seller App:
- Version 1.35 of the Etsy Seller App is now available. This update brings several changes to the in-app navigation and the ability to see and respond to buyer reviews from the More section of the app.
- If your account privileges were permanently suspended due to a policy violation and you’d like to continue selling on Etsy, you can file an appeal with Etsy in the Appeals Center. Learn more.
- Priority Mail products purchased through Etsy can now qualify for cubic pricing. Cubic pricing is based on a package's size and distance traveled rather than its weight. This can be beneficial for sellers who ship heavy, small items.
Etsy Policy Update:
- As of January 24th, sellers outside of the EU must include a return policy when creating or editing an item listing, even if your policy is that you don't accept returns or exchanges for that listing. Whether you choose to accept returns or exchanges on your listings is still completely optional.
- As of January 1, to comply with local laws. Etsy withholds a withholds a percentage of sales for Mexico sellers to remit to the Servicio de Administración Tributaria (SAT). If you're based in Mexico, to ensure Etsy withholds and remits the minimum necessary amount, add your RFC ID in your Legal and tax information.
The Etsy Seller App:
- Multiple photos can now be added to listings through the Etsy Seller app.
- Introduction of weekly auto replies: Sellers now have the ability to set up a recurring weekly auto reply schedule. Messages a seller receives outside of their availability will have an auto reply sent in response.
- One World Express shipping labels: Sellers in India can now onboard with One World Express Shipping as a more affordable international shipping option.
- Introduction of listing-level return policies: Sellers can now set return policies across their individual listings rather than one shop-wide return policy.
- Update to Bank Verification for US Sellers: Sellers with bank accounts located in the US are now required to verify their bank account with Plaid while opening a shop or any time you update your bank details.
Site Layout Changes:
- The Address tab in Shop Manager has been moved from the Payments Settings page and is now located in the Legal and tax info page.
The Etsy Seller App:
The following actions can now be performed through the Etsy Seller App:
- Sellers can now apply item attributes to their listings through the app.
- Listing videos can now be edited directly from the app.
- Custom orders can be created through the app.