To purchase an item on Etsy:
- Find an item you want to purchase on Etsy.com.
- Choose the options you want for that item, if applicable.
- Click Add to cart.
- Take any of these optional steps:
- Add a note to the seller.
- If the item is a gift, check the box next to This order is a gift.
- If you have one, apply shop coupon codes. Coupon codes are unique to specific Etsy shops.
When you buy on Etsy, you're purchasing from individual shops. If you have any questions about an item or order, reach out to the seller.
We also recommend reviewing our Introduction to Buying on Etsy.
Shopping internationally? Learn how currency conversion works on Etsy.
For buyers in the EEA
If you're in the EEA, which comprises the EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein, you may be asked to authenticate your payment after you click Place your order.
To authenticate a payment, you'll need to respond to a prompt from your card issuer and provide additional information. Depending on your card issuer, this additional information may include a correct response to a question, a password, or a passcode.
Etsy will send you an email for each shop that you’ve purchased from. If you have any questions about your order, be sure to reach out to your seller directly.
You can view your order information by going to You > Purchases and reviews.
Download a digital item you purchased
If you purchased a digital file that's available for instant download, you can access the file from your Purchases and reviews page. You’ll also receive a separate email with a download link.
If you purchased as a guest, you'll find the link to download your items in the receipt that was emailed to you after purchase.The link will direct you to the order’s Downloads page. Learn more about downloading digital purchases.
Having trouble checking out? Click one of these issues for more information:
If your credit card was declined, check each of these issues:
- Update the payment information for your order: Make sure that your billing address and expiration date are up-to-date.
- Authorize the transaction with your bank: Your bank may flag any unexpected activity on your account. Check with your bank to see if they flagged the transaction.
- Check that you're within your daily withdrawal limit: Most banks have limits on how much money can be charged or accessed in a single day. Your bank may require you to request a higher purchase limit to complete the transaction.
- Register your prepaid credit card: If you're using a prepaid credit card or gift card, register your personal information with the card issuer before checking out.
- If you're in the EEA: Check your security authentication answer. To authenticate a payment, you may need to respond to a prompt from your card issuer and provide additional information.
If none of these solutions worked, you may need to use a different payment method.
- Find the items from the shop you have a promo code for. If you’re buying items from more than you shop, your cart will be divided up by shop.
- Click Apply shop coupon codes.
- Type or paste the code into the box.
- Click Apply.
Your coupon code applies only to the shop that offers that coupon. Shops are run by individual sellers, who manage their own promotions. Coupon codes are available at the seller's discretion and can expire at any time.
If you have items from multiple shops in your cart, you can purchase them in one transaction. If you purchase them at one time, you need to use the same payment method and shipping address for the entire transaction.If you want to purchase these items in separate transactions, you can click Save for later next to the items you want to purchase later. You can find the items you saved for later at the bottom of your Cart.