Read this article for help purchasing an item on Etsy. If you still need help, Etsy Support is here for you:
- Select the item and Add to cart.
- Take any of these optional steps
- Add a note to the seller.
- If the item is a gift, check the box next to This order is a gift.
- If you have one, apply shop coupon codes. Coupon codes are unique to specific Etsy shops.
- Choose your preferred payment method under How you’ll pay.
- Select Proceed to checkout.
- If you’re signed in to your Etsy account, confirm your shipping address and payment details.
- If you’re checking out as a guest, click Continue as a guest. Fill in your shipping and payment details. There are benefits to creating an Etsy account before buying, but there are some purchases that you can make using guest checkout.
- Review your order to check that your information and order are correct.
- Select Place your order.
When you buy on Etsy, you're purchasing from individual shops. If you have any questions about an item or order, reach out to the seller.
We also recommend reviewing our Introduction to Buying on Etsy.
Shopping internationally? Learn how currency conversion works on Etsy.
You can shop confidently with Etsy's Purchase Protection program. For qualifying orders, get a full refund if your purchase doesn’t arrive, arrives damaged, or doesn’t match the item description or photos.
For buyers in the EEA
If you're in the EEA, which comprises the EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein, you may be asked to authenticate your payment after you click Place your order.
To authenticate a payment, you'll need to respond to a prompt from your card issuer and provide additional information. Depending on your card issuer, this additional information may include a correct response to a question, a password, or a passcode.
For buyers of digital items in the EU
When you download a digital item on Etsy, you give up your right to a cancellation under EU consumer laws. You’ll need to check a box to confirm that you acknowledge this before you can complete your purchase.
Etsy will send you an email for each shop that you’ve purchased from. If you have any questions about your order, be sure to reach out to your seller directly.
You can view your order information by going to You > Purchases and reviews.
Download a digital item you purchased
If you purchased a digital file that's available for instant download, you can access the file from your Purchases and reviews page. You’ll also receive a separate email with a download link.
If you purchased as a guest, you'll find the link to download your items in the receipt that was emailed to you after purchase.The link will direct you to the order’s Downloads page. Learn more about downloading digital purchases.