Read this article for help purchasing an item on Etsy. If you still need help, Etsy Support is here:
To purchase an item on Etsy:
- Find an item you want to purchase on Etsy.com.
- Choose the options you want for that item, if applicable.
- Click Add to cart.
- Take any of these optional steps:
- Add a note to the seller.
- If the item is a gift, check the box next to This order is a gift.
- If you have one, apply shop coupon codes. Coupon codes are unique to specific Etsy shops.
- Choose your preferred payment method under How you’ll pay.
- Click Proceed to checkout.
- If you’re signed in to your Etsy account, confirm your shipping address and payment details.
- If you’re checking out as a guest, click Continue as a guest. Fill in your shipping and payment details. There are benefits to creating an Etsy account before buying, but there are some purchases that you can make using guest checkout.
- Review your order to check that your information and order are correct.
- Click Place your order.
When you buy on Etsy, you're purchasing from individual shops. If you have any questions about an item or order, reach out to the seller.
We also recommend reviewing our Introduction to Buying on Etsy.
Shopping internationally? Learn how currency conversion works on Etsy.
For buyers in the EEA
If you're in the EEA, which comprises the EU, Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein, you may be asked to authenticate your payment after you click Place your order.
To authenticate a payment, you'll need to respond to a prompt from your card issuer and provide additional information. Depending on your card issuer, this additional information may include a correct response to a question, a password, or a passcode.
For buyers of digital items in the EU
When you download a digital item on Etsy, you give up your right to a cancellation under EU consumer laws. You’ll need to check a box to confirm that you acknowledge this before you can complete your purchase.
Etsy will send you an email for each shop that you’ve purchased from. If you have any questions about your order, be sure to reach out to your seller directly.
You can view your order information by going to You > Purchases and reviews.
Download a digital item you purchased
If you purchased a digital file that's available for instant download, you can access the file from your Purchases and reviews page. You’ll also receive a separate email with a download link.
If you purchased as a guest, you'll find the link to download your items in the receipt that was emailed to you after purchase.The link will direct you to the order’s Downloads page. Learn more about downloading digital purchases.
Having trouble finding what you’re looking for or checking out?
If you have a question about an item, the seller is the best person to answer questions about an item. Click Message the Seller on an item listing page or Contact under the seller’s photo on their shop homepage.
Click one of these issues for more information:
Enter descriptive terms in the search bar on the top of Etsy.com to start your search. For example: “rustic blue coffee mug,” or “custom charm necklace.”
You can change the order of your search results with the Sort by option above the search results.
On the left side of every search results page, you’ll see a list of filters to narrow down your results by.
If your credit card was declined, check each of these issues:
- Update the payment information for your order: Make sure that your billing address and expiration date are up-to-date.
- Authorize the transaction with your bank: Your bank may flag any unexpected activity on your account. Check with your bank to see if they flagged the transaction.
- Check that you're within your daily withdrawal limit: Most banks have limits on how much money can be charged or accessed in a single day. Your bank may require you to request a higher purchase limit to complete the transaction.
- Register your prepaid credit card: If you're using a prepaid credit card or gift card, register your personal information with the card issuer before checking out.
- If you're in the EEA: Check your security authentication answer. To authenticate a payment, you may need to respond to a prompt from your card issuer and provide additional information.
If none of these solutions worked, you may need to use a different payment method.
- Find the items from the shop you have a promo code for. If you’re buying items from more than you shop, your cart will be divided up by shop.
- Click Apply shop coupon codes.
- Type or paste the code into the box.
- Click Apply.
Your coupon code applies only to the shop that offers that coupon. Shops are run by individual sellers, who manage their own promotions. Coupon codes are available at the seller's discretion and can expire at any time.
If you received an email from Etsy saying that your Etsy order is still processing, it means that your purchase is being screened by Etsy’s third party partner. All Etsy Payments orders are screened to ensure that the orders are legitimate and to protect from possible fraud.
Most orders are processed in under 72 hours. You’ll receive a confirmation email when the review is complete.
If you're not seeing the option to pay with iDEAL, make sure your default account currency is set to Euro (EUR) and your default region set to the Netherlands.
If you're not seeing the option to pay with Sofort, make sure your default account currency is set to Euro (EUR) and your default region set to Germany or Austria.
If you weren’t redirected back to Etsy after completing the transaction on your bank’s website, your order may not have completed.
Your bank account may be charged but the order won't be registered on Etsy. An automatic refund should have been processed when this occurred. These refunds typically take up to 5 business days to appear back in your bank.
If the seller ships your order within 21 days of checkout, the Klarna invoice is sent 5 days after the date it was shipped. If the order isn’t shipped within 21 days, the Klarna invoice will be issued 22 days from your purchase date.
Please do not pay your invoice via direct bank transfer to the seller, you must pay the invoice amount to Klarna.
If your order has been cancelled and you received an invoice nevertheless, please contact Klarna first.
If you are having trouble redeeming your Etsy gift card, check the following:
- Make sure you’re signed into your Etsy account with the correct email address.
- Double-check that you’re entering the correct 16-digit voucher code.
- Check to make sure that you haven’t already used the balance of your gift card in your Etsy account by going clicking You, then Gift card balance.
If you continue to have trouble redeeming your Etsy gift card, click I still need help and include your 16-digit voucher code in your request.
My gift card balance isn’t being applied to my order
Only shops that accept Etsy Payments can accept Etsy Gift Cards.
To find shops that accept gift cards, search for an item on Etsy and check Accepts Etsy gift cards on the left side of the search results page.
Each seller on Etsy chooses their own payment methods and policies. Contact the seller if you have any questions about their options.
If the amount you were charged on Etsy is different than you expected, it’s likely that your purchase was in another currency than the currency of your bank account. You can check the currency of your Etsy account from your account preferences. If your Etsy currency is correct, and you made your purchase from the Etsy app, it’s possible that your phone’s settings overrode your Etsy settings. Check your phone’s settings to see what region and currency you have set.
When buying from a seller who lists in a currency other than your preferred currency, Etsy converts the listing price for you using a conversion based on current exchange rate data. When a currency conversion is required, Etsy applies an additional currency conversion charge. We use Open Exchange rates. These rates are updated hourly to reflect the current market.
If you’re paying with PayPal, you’ll see your preferred currency in your cart. However, you’ll see and pay in the seller's shop currency when you’re redirected to PayPal. For example: If your preferred currency is Euro, you’ll see the price in EUR in your cart, however, when you sign in to Paypal, if the seller is set to accept US dollars, you’ll be charged in US dollars.