To set up promoted listings:
- On Etsy.com, click Shop Manager.
- Click Marketing.
- Click Promoted Listings.
- Click Manage.
- Set your daily budget. This should be the maximum amount you're willing to spend per day to advertise your items, and the minimum daily budget is $1.00. Expect all of your budget to be spent.
- To automatically promote new listings you add to your shop, toggle Advertise new listings automatically to On.
- Click Start advertising at the bottom of the page.
From here, you can also:
- Adjust your daily budget
- Choose to advertise new listings automatically
- Show bidding options
- Set a maximum cost per click
What are promoted listings?
You can use Promoted Listings to advertise your products in designated search results on Etsy. Promoted Listings work through an auction system where you compete against others sellers for your ad to show in designated spaces in Etsy search.
What determines the limit for my maximum daily budget?
There is a limit to how high you can set your daily budget. To determine the limit for your maximum daily budget, we take into account how much you spend on average, as well as your current payment status and payment history. We'll increase your maximum daily budget over time if you're consistently spending your full daily budget.
How to set a maximum cost per click
If you’re using automatic bidding, you can set a maximum cost per click (max CPC). If you have a max CPC in place, none of your automatic bids will exceed that amount.
A max CPC does not apply to custom bids. Listings with custom bids higher than a max CPC may result in higher click costs for those particular items.
To set a maximum cost-per-click for automatic bids:
- In Promoted Listings, click Manage.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Toggle Set maximum cost per click to On.
- Enter the maximum amount you're willing to spend to have your ad clicked on.
A max CPC doesn't automatically increase your bids or affect your listings' existing placement. This setting only limits how high your automated bids can be as they adjust over time.
How to choose which listings to promote
By default, when you turn on Promoted Listings, all your current listings are enrolled. You can turn off promotion for certain listings.
To stop promoting a listing:
- On Promoted Listings, find Ad stats and settings.
- Click the checkbox next to the listing(s) you want to stop promoting.
- Click Turn off next to Advertising status.
You can promote these items again by clicking Turn on.
How am I charged for Promoted Listings?
You’re charged for a Promoted Listing when it’s clicked from a promoted place in search results. Your costs per click are summed for each day and added to your Payment account the next day.
How to view your Promoted Listings charges
Your charges for Promoted Listings are displayed under Cost on the Promoted Listings page. Your Payment account is also updated daily for Promoted Listings charges so you can keep track of what you're spending on clicks.
To view Promoted Listings charges on your Payment account: