Interested in selling on Etsy? Welcome! We’ve created this guide to help you get your shop up and running.
Get started on Etsy
- If you’re new to Etsy, take some time to get to know us.
- Review our seller fees and policies to make sure that selling on Etsy is right for you and your business.
Ready to create an account? Learn how to do that here.
- Once you have an Etsy account, create your public profile and bio.
Open your shop
Before you create your shop, sign in or create an Etsy account. You’ll use this account for your shop, and to buy from other makers on Etsy. Then add info to public profile and bio to let people know who you are.
To open your Etsy shop:
- Click Sell on Etsy at the top right of Etsy.com.
- Click Open your Etsy shop.
- Select your shop language, country, and currency, then click Save and continue.
- Choose your shop name, then click Save and continue.
Your shop is ready!
Can I open a shop using the Sell on Etsy app?
No, you need to complete the first step of opening your shop on a desktop web browser. Once your shop is open, you can continue on the Sell on Etsy app.
Once your shop is open
- Use Shop Sections to organize your items so buyers can find their way around your shop.
Marketing, branding, and promotion
- Make sure you’re optimizing your shop for Etsy Search. You can read more about Search Engine Optimization here. Make sure to add your location so that your shop can be found in local searches.
- Offer discounts to your buyers with sales and coupons.
- Consider marketing your shop through paid advertising. Learn more.
- Find a local craft fair or market where you can sell your goods.
- If you’re looking to expand your business by launching your own website for your shop, use Pattern by Etsy.
Manage your shop
- Make sure you follow these best practices so you’re qualified for Etsy’s Seller Protection Policy.
- Learn what to do when you make your first sale.
- Read about Etsy’s Review system.
- Manage your shop on the go using the Sell on Etsy app.
- Take a break from your shop when needed.