Listing attributes allow you to describe your items with distinct, detailed characteristics to help buyers get a clear idea of what you’re selling. Attributes can also help buyers find your items more easily in search results. Learn more about attributes in search.
How to choose attributes for your listing
When you create a new listing on Etsy, the option to add attributes appears after the item’s categories are chosen. The category you select for your items determines the attributes you can add for the item.
Choose an option for each available attribute that best describes your listing so your buyer can best understand how the item looks, feels, or how it’s used or worn. Here are a few examples attributes with visuals to help describe them:
What if an attribute doesn't offer an option that I need for my listing?
If you can’t find an exact match for your item, select the most relevant attributes available. Fill out both attributes and tags for your listings to make sure potential buyers find and see your items on Etsy.
For instance, let’s say you’re listing a handmade, lemon-colored scarf. However, the color “lemon” isn’t a selectable option for the Color attribute.
- Choose the color that you think would be the closest to lemon. You can select “Yellow” as your option for the Color attribute.
- If you find that your unique color label is an important search term as well, you can add "lemon scarf" as a listing tag for your item.
How to update the attributes on published listings
To update the attributes of your already-published listing:
- Go to Shop Manager and then Listings.
- Select a listing.
- Look for the fields that appear below the Category. These are the attributes. Fill out as many as make sense for your listing.
- Select Publish when finished.