If you’re unsatisfied with an order, you may be able to return or exchange your order depending on the shop’s policies. To request a return, return label, or exchange, contact the shop:
- Sign in to Etsy.com or open the Etsy app.
- Click or tap You.
- Click or tap Purchases and reviews.
- Click Help with order next to the order you’re interested in. On the Etsy app, tap the order you’re interested in, then tap Help with order under your order.
- Click or tap Message Seller.
- In the textbox that appears, let the seller know that you’d like to return or exchange an item.
- Click or tap the arrow icon or press Enter to send. The seller will be notified of the new message and can respond.
Sellers aren’t required to accept a return or exchange unless stated in their shop policies. On the Help with order page, you can click or tap View shop return policy to check the shop policies. If the seller is willing to accept this return, be sure to settle on these details in a message before returning the item:
- Where you should send it
- The time frame in which they wish to receive it
- Who will be responsible for the cost of return shipping, if not written in the shop's policies
What are shop policies?
Each seller on Etsy is responsible for their own policies regarding refunds, exchanges, and returns. Policies vary from shop to shop.
Before purchasing, review the shop’s Returns & exchanges policy. You can find the shop’s policies on the listing page under Shipping & returns, or by clicking Policies at the top of their shop homepage.
Specific questions about a shop’s policies are best answered by the seller. Contact the shop with any questions about their policies.
What should I do if the seller doesn’t accept returns?
If the seller doesn’t accept returns, you may be able to open a case with Etsy. You can open a case if your order wasn’t as it was described on Etsy.