You may be able to return, exchange, or request a refund for your order depending on the shop’s policies. To request a return, return label, a refund, or exchange, you need to contact your seller.
Sellers are the best way to resolve issues with your order. Each seller on Etsy manages their own orders, and makes decisions about cancellations, refunds, and returns. Learn more about getting help with your order.
How do refunds and returns work on Etsy?
Sellers aren’t required to accept returns, exchanges, or provide a refund unless stated in their shop policies. Go to the shop's homepage and scroll to the bottom to see the shop's policies.
If the seller is willing to accept this return, be sure to settle on the details in a message before returning the item:
- Where you should send the return
- What time frame does the seller wish to receive the return
- Who will be responsible for the cost of return shipping, if not written in the shop's policies
- What shipping method to use
What should I do if the seller doesn’t refund my order, or if the seller doesn’t accept returns?
If the seller doesn’t allow refunds or returns, you may be able to open a case with Etsy.
Cases can be opened if:
- You never receive your order
- Your order wasn’t as it was described on Etsy
What are shop policies?
Each seller on Etsy is responsible for their own policies regarding refunds, exchanges, and returns. Policies vary from shop to shop.
Before making a purchase, you should review the shop’s Returns & exchanges policy. You can find the shop’s policies on the listing page under Shipping & returns, or by going to Policies and More information at the top of their shop homepage.
The seller wasn’t able to help me
I checked out as a guest
If you checked out as a guest, you can claim your order to get help.
- Open your email inbox.
- Locate the email receipt you received when you placed your order. This email is sent from email@example.com.
- Select View your order.
- Follow the steps to sign in or create an Etsy account. The account you link your guest order to must have the same email address that you used for your guest order. Your order is automatically connected to your Etsy account.
- Once you’ve claimed your order, you can choose that order and contact the seller for help.
I’m having trouble claiming my order
If you're having trouble claiming an order, it's possible you placed your order using an email address that you can no longer access. Learn what to do to resolve this issue.