Etsy Registry allows you to create a wedding registry with endless special items, from personalized pieces to custom creations, to help your friends and family purchase gifts for your big day.
If you’re a wedding guest shopping for a gift, Etsy Registry provides a seamless shopping and checkout experience to purchase the gift that’s right for you.
How to create your registry
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Go to Etsy.com/registry.
- Select Create a wedding registry.
- Select the date of your event (you can add this later if you’re not sure of the date yet).
To find items to add to your registry, browse the recommendations on your Registry page, or use search on Etsy and filter to find the perfect match. You can add up to 100 items to your registry.
From search results:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Use the search bar to find items or shops.
- Select the listing you’re interested in.
- On the listing page, select Add to registry.
From your Registry page:
This item is now on your registry! You can see it by going directly to your Registry page.
Etsy gift cards can’t be added to wedding registries at this time.
If any of your items require special instructions, customizations, or personalization, add those details to make sure your guests know exactly what you want.
Go to your Registry.
Select the pencil icon in the top left corner of the listing image.
Add your details in the pop-up and save.
- Select Publish at the top of the Registry page.
- Confirm your wedding date.
- Share your and your partner’s name. Your partner isn’t required to have an Etsy account. If you’re using the registry for a different kind of event, you can add your name to both fields.
- Choose a delivery address for gifts. You can select from addresses you’ve used in the past or add a new address. During checkout, your guests will have the option of shipping to this address or to one of their own.
- Choose the privacy setting for your registry.
- Anyone can find or view my registry makes your registry public and findable by anyone through registry search.
- Only someone I give my registry link to means your registry won’t be findable in search and is only accessible through a direct link provided by you.
- Only you can view your registry means your registry is private and can’t be seen by anyone else.
- Select Save details and publish.
Once you publish your registry and add at least one item, select Share at the top of the page. Here you’ll see a link to your registry that you can share with guests.
How to manage your registry and gifts
After your registry is published, select Edit details on your Registry page to change your privacy settings, edit your registry information, or delete your registry.
You can add new items to your registry at any time. To remove an item, select the pencil icon on the item photo and select Remove from my registry.
When it’s time to write your thank-you notes, select View purchaser list on the top of the Registry page to see which items your guests purchased and where they were shipped.
How to purchase from a registry
To find the couple’s registry page, you can either:
use the direct link provided by the couple; or
if the registry is public, enter one of the couple’s full names into the search bar on the Etsy Registry page.
Filter for Available items to see which gifts haven’t been purchased yet. If an item has been purchased, you’ll see a Fulfilled banner on the item photo.
Sign in to Etsy.com. If you don’t have an Etsy account, you’ll need to create one.
Add an available registry item to your shopping cart. As you add to cart, you can select the quantity of that item that the couple requested, and see how many are left to purchase.
Choose your payment method and select Proceed to checkout.
Add A Note for any information a seller should know. If you check This order is a gift, add a gift message for the recipient.
You have the option to either ship directly to the registrant (shipping address will be hidden), or to your own home if you’d like to deliver the gift yourself. If you pay with PayPal, you may be required to send the order to your own address.
Review your order details and select Place your order.
How to return a registry item
Each Etsy seller sets their own policies regarding accepting returns and exchanges, which you can find on the item listing page. For help with your order, it’s best to reach out to the seller directly. Learn how returns and exchanges work on Etsy.
If you’re the registrant, reach out to the gift purchaser so they can resolve the issue with the seller.
If you’re the wedding guest who purchased the item, you may be covered by Etsy’s Purchase Protection program if something unexpectedly goes wrong during the buying process, such as
The item doesn’t arrive
The item arrives damaged
The item differs significantly from the item description or photos