You can buy most items on Etsy without creating an account. If you purchased an item as a guest, and want to create an account, you can claim that order.
- Open your email inbox.
- Locate the email receipt you received when you placed your order. This email is sent from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Select View your order.
- Follow the steps to sign in or create an Etsy account. The account you link your guest order to must have the same email address that you used for your guest order. Your order is automatically connected to your Etsy account.
- Once you’ve claimed your order, you can choose that order and contact the seller for help.
If you have an issue with an Etsy order, get in touch with the seller first. You can contact the seller by replying to the receipt email that was sent to you after your order was placed.
If you can’t find your email receipt
First, check your spam or junk mail folders to see if the receipt ended up there. You can also search your email inbox for emails from email@example.com.
If you’re using the Etsy app
Claiming an order can only be done via Etsy.com on desktop or mobile. If using a mobile device, you'll need to sign out of the app first:
- Open the Etsy app.
- Tap the You.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Sign Out.
- Go to your order confirmation email.
- Click the order number in the first line of your receipt.
- Follow the steps to sign into your Etsy account.
- Your order is automatically connected to your Etsy account
I see an error saying that I don’t have permission to access this page
You may be signed in with the incorrect email. Sign out of Etsy on all browsers and devices, then try signing in to the account related to your order.
Nothing happens when I click the link in the transaction email
Make sure you clicked the link in the order notification email. You won't be able to claim from other notification emails you receive like shipping updates and new Message notifications.
I’m still having trouble
If you’re still having trouble claiming your order, you can contact Etsy Support for help.