There are a few things you can do to help ensure that you receive emails from Etsy:
Make sure your email address on file is correct. To check this, go to You > Account settings and scroll down to the Email section of the page.
Sometimes email providers think our messages are spam. Check your spam/junk folder to see if our emails were diverted there. If you're using Gmail, also check your Promotions and Social tabs.
Add Etsy's email addresses to your address book/safe list:
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for registration)
- email@example.com (for confirming your account and Etsy Finds and other newsletters)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (informational emails and other newsletters)
- email@example.com (for transaction notices)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for Conversations notifications)
- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org (for support issues)
- email@example.com (for password reset instructions)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for other automated notices like shipping notifications)
- email@example.com (for reports and policy-based inquiries)
- firstname.lastname@example.org (for notifications and issues about manufacturing)
If you still have trouble, get in touch with Etsy Support by clicking the contact button at the bottom of this page.