You can use the search bar at the top of Etsy.com to look for items or shops.
How to search for items
Enter descriptive terms in the search bar to start your search. For example: “rustic blue coffee mug,” or “custom charm necklace.”
Search results are ordered by how relevant the items are to what you search for. You can change the order of your search results with the Sort by option above the search results.
Here are a few tips to help you search for items on Etsy:
- Use multiple, descriptive terms in a search to narrow down the results. For example: "green knit scarf" will return fewer, more specific results than just "scarf."
- Use a minus sign (-) in front of a word to exclude that term from your search. For example: "dress -red" will exclude any dresses tagged with "red."
How to filter results
On the left side of every search results page, you’ll see a list of filters to narrow down your results by:
- Special offers, like sales
- Category, like Home & Living or Art & Collectibles
- Shipping, like free shipping
- Shop location
- Item type, either Handmade or Vintage items
- Ordering options
- "Ship to" country
How to search for items from local sellers
After you search for something, click Custom under Shop location. Type in your city, town, state, or country and select your location from the dropdown. Your search results will refresh and only show you items from shops in the location you chose.
How to search for shops
If you know the name of the shop, enter the exact shop name in the search bar. You'll be brought directly to the shop. You can also use the shop search page.
Entering this web address in your browser's address bar will also take you to a shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/shopname. Replace "shopname" with the actual shop’s name.
If you know the shop owner’s name, you can search for them using people search.