Your shop’s About section is where you can share the story of your business. Shoppers can learn more about your creative process, the story behind your products, and any teammates or collaborators you work with.
Share your shop story through a video or photos that show off your workspace or demonstrate your process. You can also add your social media handles, shop members, and production partners.
How to edit your About section
To edit your about section:
- On Etsy.com, click Shop Manager.
- Click the pencil icon next to your shop name under Sales Channels.
- Scroll down to the About section.
Shoppers can find your About section by clicking the About link near the top of your shop homepage or by scrolling down your shop homepage.
If your shop isn't open to the public, you’ll need to open your shop first.
How to share you shop story
The Etsy community values openness and clarity. We encourage you to tell the story of your business by sharing information about the members and process behind your Etsy shop. This helps shoppers build a connection and sense of trust with you and your shop.
- Shop Video: Upload a video to give shoppers an inside look at your process, your workspace, your materials, your team, or any other aspect of your shop that you'd like to highlight. Learn more about adding a shop video.
- Photos: Provide shoppers an even closer look at your business by uploading photos. These could include everything from your creative process to your studio layout. Images can be .jpg, .png, or .gif files up to 2MB. You can upload photos of any dimension you like, but your photos will be cropped to display at 760 x 468 pixels.
- Story headline: Sum up your shop in one sentence. What are you and your shop about?
- Story: Here's your chance to really connect with the community! You can discuss how your business was founded, what impact it has had on your life, and what you see for its future. You can use up to 5,000 characters, so we encourage you to share as many great facts and stories about your shop as you can!
Share links from around the internet
Tell your buyers more about your business by adding links to your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, website, or blog.
To add shop links:
- In Shop Story, scroll down to Shop Links.
- Select the site you’re linking to from the Link Type dropdown.
- Add the link to the Link URL field.
Select Save if you’re finished, or Add another link.
Share your shop members
Shop members is where you can list anyone directly employed by you involved in making your items or running your shop. This is essential to representing yourself in the marketplace. Learn more about roles for shop members.
Add production partners
On Etsy, a production partner is a company or person (who’s not part of your Etsy shop) that helps you physically produce items based on your original designs. Any production partners you’ve indicated you work with will show here.
This section can't be edited in the Edit shop tool, and is instead edited through your listings. Learn more about adding production partners.
If you add a partner to any of your listings, your partner’s business name or descriptive title will appear, along with their location and your partnership description.