Your shop’s About section is where you can share the story of your business. Shoppers can learn more about your creative process, the story behind your products, and any teammates or collaborators you work with.
Share your shop story through a video or photos that show off your workspace or demonstrate your process. You can also add your social media handles, shop members, and production partners.
How to edit your About section
Shoppers can find your About section by scrolling down your shop homepage on the desktop and mobile versions of Etsy.com, or by selecting the About tab at the top of your shop homepage in the Etsy App.
To edit your about section:
- On Etsy.com, go to your Shop Manager.
- Select the pencil icon next to your shop name under Sales Channels.
- Scroll down to the About section.
If your shop isn't open to the public, you’ll need to open your shop first.
What can I add to my shop’s About section?
The Etsy community values openness and clarity. Sharing information about the members and process behind your Etsy shop helps shoppers build a connection and sense of trust with you and your shop.
- Shop Video: Upload a video to give shoppers an inside look at your process, your workspace, your materials, your team, or any other aspect of your shop that you'd like to highlight. Learn more about adding a shop video.
- Photos: You can upload up to five photos with captions from this section. These could include everything from your creative process to your studio layout. Images can be .jpg, .png, or .gif files up to 2MB. You can upload photos of any dimension you like, but your photos will be cropped to display at 760 x 468 pixels.
- Story headline: Sum up your shop in one sentence. What are you and your shop about?
- Story: Here's your chance to really connect with the community! You can discuss how your business was founded, what impact it has had on your life, and what you see for its future. You can use up to 5,000 characters, so we encourage you to share as many great facts and stories about your shop as you can!
- Links to your websites and social media: Tell your buyers more about your business by adding links to your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, website, or blog.
- From the About section, scroll down to Around the Web.
- Select Add links to your website and social media.
- Choose the site you’re linking to from the Link Type dropdown.
- Add the link to the Link URL field.
Select Save if you’re finished, or Add another link.
Share your shop members: Here you can list anyone directly employed by you involved in making your items or running your shop. This is essential to representing yourself in the marketplace. Learn more about roles for shop members.
Any external production partners you work with to create your items can only be edited through your listings. Learn more about adding production partners.