When you create an Etsy account, your username is automatically generated. Your username is a string of random letters and numbers.
If you added your name to your Etsy profile, it can take the place of your username across most of Etsy.com.
To update your name on Etsy:
- Sign in to Etsy.com.
- Click the Your Account icon.
- Click View profile.
- Click Edit profile.
- Click Change or remove next to Your name.
- Click Save changes.
- Usernames can’t be changed except at Etsy's discretion in the event of documented legal action (such as trademark infringement).
- In the past, members were able to create their own username.
- To view your username, view your profile using the steps in this article. The URL of your profile page contains your username. It looks like this: etsy.com/people/[your username].